Optimizing agility and innovation in discrete manufacturing
When a product moves from one process to another in an unstructured way, production becomes a complex process. With increasing demand for custom products, smaller lot sizes, extremely short lifecycles and new technologies built into products, and you’ve only named a handful of the challenges that discrete industry businesses are faced with today.
One word sums up the #1 characteristic needed to survive and thrive in discrete manufacturing: flexibility. Times are changing, technology is evolving at ever-faster rates, and those businesses unable to embrace creative new ways of using data, supporting innovation, streamlining processes and integrating their equipment with their ERP systems risk losing their competitive edge – and their profitability.
we specialize in a wide range of discrete industry processes, and we speak your language
Top 3 biggest challenges
In the discrete manufacturing industry
While automation and digitization are tough to tackle in every sector, discrete manufacturing comes with highly specific challenges that must be addressed with industry-tailored IT solutions by an experienced partner
delaware offers knowledge templates
Based on SAP and Microsoft
We understand the importance of your company history and the specific needs of your industry when it comes to developing an effective IT solution that truly enables efficiency. Our in-house FAST-Engineering (SAP) and SMART-Engineering (Microsoft) templates target discrete industry businesses of all sizes interested in operational excellence. Our solutions enable:
- flexible, data-enriched production processes
- production planning transparency
- new technologies (IoT, sensors) to be built into products
- real-time reporting and analytics of shop floor processes
- optimized tooling implementation
- integration with cross industries like advanced planning and warehousing
Why choose delaware
- We work with you in a technology-agnostic manner to help you identify the most appropriate tool for your business.
- We are actively present in the discrete industry; numerous companies currently rely on FAST-Engineering or SMART-Engineering.
- We have deep expertise in specific verticals as diverse as steel, engineering, wood, high-tech and more.
- We’re not just technical experts in the solution; we thoroughly understand how to apply it within the context of your industry’s best practices.
- We take an agile approach to projects and collaborate closely with your team to ensure the most impactful results.