A new contender is in town
To stay ahead of the curve, companies must be agile, open to constantly rethinking their business and eager to embrace new technologies like analytics, artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Let cloud computing be your an enabler: it can helps businesses drive innovation, agility and growth. Companies in the past, stuck to on-premise or private cloud for security and compliance reasons. As public cloud is rapidly gain steam, learn why embracing it might be a better decision.
Cloud technology, which has been around for over 10 years now, comes in three varieties:
Your data, applications and platforms are stored on infrastructure dedicated entirely to your business, yet hosted by a third party – either on your site or at the service provider’s data center.
Data, applications and platforms are offered by third-party providers over the internet, making them available to anyone who wants to use or purchase them.
A combination of both where partial data will be stored in the private cloud and while some within the public cloud storage.
The rise of the public cloud
CIOs historically choose private cloud for security & compliance reasons. However, as the technology matures, these objections are shrinking.
According to a Gartner report, the worldwide public cloud service market is projected to grow by 21.7% in 2022. Companies are stepping away from their on-site data centers to run new solutions as well as legacy systems in the public cloud as they start to understand its benefits.
Why consider public cloud?
Business focus first
Public cloud can help you focus on what you do best – create value and drive revenue – rather than spend time managing your IT infrastructure and platforms. Data loss and downtime would be in past as service providers automatically pushes upgrades to systems and correct errors.
Today, public cloud are more secure than its private counterpart. Huge investments in security are made by public cloud providers as they simply cannot afford security breaches.
Enjoy maximum agility
Add or remove computing power to meet your real-time business needs. Additionally, public cloud solutions help speed up the application development process; enabling you to flexibly meet end user needs. Cloud-based platforms like SAP S/HANA Cloud and Microsoft Dynamics 365 can be implemented within months, not years.
Choose innovation and growth
Users would always access to content on their preferred device. Develop new solutions and grow your business with new technologies like IoT and artificial intelligence, which are available only as cloud services. Moreover, many product today are also designed based on a cloud-first approach.
organizations are advancing their timelines on digital business initiatives and moving rapidly to the cloud in an effort to modernize environments, improve system reliability, support hybrid work models and address other new realities compelled by the pandemicBrandon Medford, senior principal analyst at Gartner
How delaware can help
While the benefits of shifting to the cloud are clear, you need a clear vision of why you want to move to the cloud, what you expect to gain from it and how to take the first step in the right direction. delaware can help you fine-tune your vision and determine your needs:
- based on intake sessions, we help you define your goals
- we’ll show you the features – and the impact on your business – during inspiration sessions
- we provide recommendations and a budget estimation based on your business case
- together, we determine your transition roadmap
More than that, a cloud migration requires a shift of mentality and processes. To secure support from the entire team, change management and clear communication are crucial too.
Our experts will also help you to clearly describe and explain your vision to everyone concerned, demonstrate the benefits and provide the required training.
Why work with delaware?
- Always a frontrunner, delaware breathes the cloud. Since May 2017, we are the first company worldwide to run our processes entirely on the public cloud.
- We are an end-to-end partner for organizations that choose SAP or Microsoft as their primary software vendors.
- Thanks to our large in-house team of consultants, delaware can dig deeply into new technologies, share new insights and knowledge with colleagues and ask for advice – there’s always an expert around.
- We use a structured, realistic ‘to the cloud’ roadmap and guarantee working solutions.
- We challenge and continually stimulate our customers to make use of the new opportunities that the cloud brings.
- We collaborate closely with your team.
- We have 15 years of experience in business transformation across numerous industries.