Intelligent apps: the next generation of applications
The next generation of mobile applications will be the result of multiple worlds colliding: when application development meets artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things and big data analytics, intelligent apps are the outcome. Intelligent apps are applications that use historical and real-time data from user interactions and other sources to make predictions and suggestions, delivering personalized and adaptive user experiences. Put simply, these are apps that continually learn from user interactions and other data sources to become even more relevant and useful.
The typical features of smart apps
Chatbots, virtual assistants and recommendation engines on e-commerce sites are just some examples of intelligent applications. While it’s difficult to formulate a catch-all definition of smart apps, they have a number of typical features:
- Data-driven: intelligent apps combine and process multiple data sources – such as IoT sensors, beacons or user interactions – and turn an enormous quantity of numbers into valuable insights.
- Contextual and relevant: intelligent apps make much smarter use of a device’s features to proactively deliver highly relevant information and suggestions. Users will no longer have to go to their apps. Instead, the apps will come to them.
- Continuously adapting: thanks to machine learning, intelligent apps continuously adapt and improve their output.
- Action-oriented: by anticipating user behaviors with predictive analytics, smart applications deliver personalized and actionable suggestions.
- Omnichannel: progressive web applications (PWAs) are increasingly blurring the lines between native apps and mobile web applications.
although the adoption of smart apps will move faster in B2C, their added value is equally high in B2B
Applications in business
Although the adoption of smart apps will move faster in theB2C context, their added value is equally high in B2B. They have the potential to increase operational excellence in every sector:
- In a production environment, a smart app could use beacon signals to alert people when they enter a zone where safety gear is required.
- Based on Wi-Fi and smartphone data, an app could determine when to turn off the lights in an office building. Apps could also replace current systems for manual time registration.
- For salespeople, an intelligent app could evaluate and prioritize leads by predicting which opportunities are most likely to close.
Field anywhere, increasing the productivity of field technicians
Field Anywhere is an essential asset for helping organizations get the most out of their field work-force. Whether on or offline, it assists field engineers on the floor and frees up extra capacity by reducing non-value adding activities.
Unlike other third party tools, Field Anywhere is fully integrated with SAP S/4HANA.
More info can be found on the delaware store.
While these are just some of the use cases, it’s clear that the next generation of apps offer huge opportunities to companies who are willing to start exploring the benefits right now. Before getting into developing though, companies should start by defining how decision-making can be improved or which business processes need streamlining. Ready to start looking for your company’s smart app sweet spot?
How delaware can help
- Thanks to a thorough understanding of industries and corporate processes, delaware can assist you in defining intelligent applications with realistic growth opportunities.
- At delaware, we live and breathe the integration of business flows with data. Our extensive track record as a systems integrator is a meaningful asset in building smart apps compatible with existing data flows and diverse communication infrastructures.
- We have the scale, the expertise and the hands-on skills to set up experiments or implement application development through actionable roadmaps.
- Our experience in a wide range of industries allows us to both inspire you and guide you through complex business transformations that go beyond intelligent apps.