Harnessing the chemistry of digital transformation
Chemical businesses are facing highly specific challenges on an increasingly global scale. Take advantage of automation to boost efficiency, drive operational excellence and support innovation with a long-term digitization partner fluent in your industry.
Complex production processes, packaging, labeling and transport requirements and constantly changing regulations – these are just a few of the key issues faced by chemical companies that can be revolutionized by automation. You’re aware that delaying the integration of valuable new technologies could mean the loss of your competitive edge,
but where should you begin your digital transformation?
delaware's custom-built SAP S/4HANA template, FAST-Chemicals™, is the ideal starting point for tackling industry challenges.
Critical challenges for chemical businesses
As the world gets smaller and more interconnected, chemical companies must have the ability to react flexibly to a wide range of factors, including:
- Supply chain transparency
- Volatile prices of energy and raw materials
- Globalization and demand shifts toward developing countries
- Accelerating innovation due to ever shorter product lifecycles
- Frequent mergers, acquisitions and portfolio adjustments
- Focus on sustainabile products, processes and companies
- Changing local regulations concerning labeling, safety, composition
and the environment
- Drive for sustainable margins
- Balancing continuous bulk production and tank restrictions
- Complexities of private label packaging
Facilitating a whole new way of working
Our FAST-Chemicals™ template is ideal for ambitious SME chemical companies in search of process excellence. Enriched by delaware’s deep technical expertise and experience gained in 25+ successful chemical industry projects, FAST-Chemicals™ goes beyond operational excellence and enables KPI-driven processes and live reporting.
It covers the entire process chain, enabling:
- Procurement with active ingredient pricing and proposals in full trucks
- Transparent traceability
- Support of bulk and packing processes with closed loop returnable packaging flows
- Active ingredients management
- Make-to-order processes Integrated quality management
- Management of raw materials with price volatility
- Private label packaging
- Streamlined equipment maintenance
We can even bring you option packs to help you tackle dangerous goods in warehouse and transport, environmental health and safety with substance volume tracking, MSDS, incident management, recipe development and recycle administration (Val-I-Pack, Bebat, etc.).
Internet of Things
The internet of Things is what drives smart cities, industry 4.0 and the factories of the future
New technologies enable increasingly flexible and more intelligent maintenance operations