As a result, companies are faced with several ‘integration challenges’, including
- establishing reliable and secure communication between internal and external systems;
- automating business processes across solutions;
- preserving the ‘speed of innovation’ when IT needs to focus entirely on keeping things running.
Handling integration complexity
The integration of business applications often flows from an enterprise architecture exercise. It needs to take several levels of complexity into account:
- Technological: on premise, hybrid, or SaaS
- Stakeholders: employees, clients, government agencies, subcontractors, partners etc.
- A plethora of applications, each with their own protocols.
to helping our clients develop a solid and scalable integration strategy according to operational needs and strategic objectives
Our approach: Integration as a Service
To handle integration complexity and boost business efficiency, the integration team at delaware has developed a customized methodology. The main features of our approach are:
- A step-by-step method with clear priorities to tackle time and budget restraints.
- A thorough assessment of needs and objectives.
- Frequent ‘synchronization’ sessions to enable further optimization.
- A ‘master view’ to keep track of the whole.
- Close collaboration and involvement of the client.
- Thorough automated and regression testing.
- Use of pre-developed accelerators based on experience and end-to-end process expertise.
Transforming a fragmented employee experience into a productive digital workplace with a fully engaged team: would that be a fata morgana? delaware employees Luk Moreels and Kristof Nuytens explain how you make such goal concrete reality.
Time is running out! SAP has communicated their intent for all SAP Commerce environments to be running in the cloud by 2023. Read on for advice from our experts about how to prepare for your SAP Commerce solution’s move to the cloud.
Work faster and smarter: that is, no doubt, one of your main objectives as a CFO. SAP has been helping enterprises do just that since 1972. For many years, however, SAP has been struggling to debunk the persistent myth that their solutions are built for big companies. Did you know that 80% of SAP customers are SMEs? To help companies of all sizes rapidly reap the benefits of SAP S/4HANA, delaware has centralized all of its SAP and industry know-how and experience into its FAST solutions.