Augmented reality (AR): are you ready to add an extra layer?
Augmented reality (AR) is a technology that integrates physical environments and digital information in real time. Unlike virtual reality (VR), which creates entirely artificial environments, AR overlays information on top of the physical world.
Augmented reality (AR) adds computer-generated information to the natural world as it exists. Although the technology is still widely associated with smartphone games or gimmicky marketing campaigns, many business sectors can benefit from the ability to visualize virtual objects in the real world.
As the use of AR grows, companies will start to see how the technology takes user experience and user interaction to a whole new level. But there’s more: placing computer-generated graphics in someone’s field of vision can bring remarkable improvements in terms of operational excellence and quality control.
AR and VR will disrupt the ways we live, work and collaborate with each other
Some business applications for AR
- staff equipped with headsets can receive digital instructions in their fields of view, greatly reducing search time and errors.
- AR systems can also improve navigation in warehouses by showing the optimum route to specific items.
- AR can make the day-to-day work of engineers more intuitive, thanks to digital troubleshooting or step-by-step walkthroughs of the repair process.
- highly interactive and engaging experiences are the perfect way to explain complex operations to new employees. AR offers in-depth training and speeds up the entire training process.
- Enterprise data visualization
- AR offers new opportunities for big data visualization, enabling enhanced insight, decision-making and process control.
- AR technology enables remote workforces to collaborate by creating engaging virtual business environments.
- Marketing and sales
- showcasing products with three-dimensional product views in real-world settings enables companies to amaze customers with exceptional experiences.
AR and VR will disrupt the ways we live, work and collaborate with each other. Since 2015, delaware has been exploring the world of augmented, virtual and mixed reality. Combined with other technologies such as the Internet of Things, drones or beacons, the possibilities are truly endless.
Whether you’re aiming for operational excellence or improved customer experiences: augmented, mixed or virtual realities can make the difference. The technologies promise to evolve rapidly, so in order to unlock future value, businesses should begin by exploring the many possibilities AR and VR have to offer.
How delaware can help
Thanks to a thorough understanding of industries and corporate processes, delaware can assist you in defining AR technology applications with realistic growth opportunities.
At delaware, we live and breathe the integration of business flows with data. Our extensive track record as a systems integrator is a meaningful asset in building AR applications on top of existing data flows and diverse communication infrastructures.
Whatever your business case, delaware can support you with all the skills required for these next generation applications, such as (3D) design, audio and storytelling.
Our experience in a wide range of industries allows us to both inspire you and guide you through complex business transformations that go beyond augmented reality.