Personalization, sustainability and profitability at scale
In the digital era, customers are demanding quality products that are personalized to their lifestyles. At the same time, they expect manufacturers to be socially and environmentally responsible. On the other hand, businesses must be profitable in order to sustain their brand, operations, and employees. And if they want to grow, they must be able to juggle all these requirements at scale.
- Personalization. Customers want all their personalized wishes to be fulfilled and not at the expense of a fast product delivery time. They want to be guided through the product process step by step and stay continuously informed of progress.
- Industry 4.0 and IIoT. Efficiency is key to fast and profitable production. These days, the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), AI, intelligent automation, and edge computing are quickly becoming the norm rather than the exception. All these to keep up with competitors, as well as to show compliance with environmental regulations.
- Circular supply chain. With massive production comes massive wastage. Reuse, refurbishing, remanufacturing, and recycling must be incorporated into a manufacturer’s processes. It is also possible to extract revenue from valuable materials like aluminum and gold.
- Product innovation. You cannot stick to our old processes and technology if you want to fulfill the new demands by the digital customer and to be accountable for your impact on the planet. Innovations on how the product is made, how it is packaged, and more are urgent.
- Servitization. Service-based business models force companies to be more responsible for their equipment so that it runs at peak efficiency and to make products that produce less waste and are easier to recycle.
With SAP, manufacturing companies can quickly bring to market products that the customers want, minimize the impact of production on the environment, and keep their business profitable for a very long time.
Digital product innovation
Integrated product design and development
Real-time insights for risk detection and decisionmaking
Collaboration and change management
Product safety and regulatory compliance
Marketing and sales
Targeted industrial B2B marketing
Sales force automation and real-time insights
One e-commerce platform for all go-to-market models
Dynamic configuration and pricing for complex solutions
High-volume subscription billing and revenue management
Manufacturing supply chain
Synchronized planning for demand, inventory, and operations
Streamlined transportation management and vehicle insights
Collaborative logistics and supplier networks
Advanced warehouse automation
Tools to reduce emissions and help ensure compliance
Embedded Industry 4.0 technologies and intelligence
Continuous collaboration between engineering and manufacturing
Smart manufacturing integration, monitoring, and control
Plant and asset performance management
Environment, health, safety, and risk management
Servitization and aftermarket
Service management with detailed financial analysis
Digital twin technology for customer assets
Omnichannel customer service and support
Field service optimization for first-time resolution
Service parts planning, sales, and execution