Infrastructure as a service: agility without constraints
Infrastructure as a service or IaaS is a service model in which an organization’s IT infrastructure is outsourced to a third party. As one of the three fundamental service models of cloud computing — alongside Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) — it typically provides hardware, storage, servers and data center space or network components.
In an ideal world, every company’s IT infrastructure reflects its business requirements. The real world, however, is marked by constant change: speedy growth, acquisitions, new customer demands, technology advances, etc.. To keep up, the company should be able to adapt its infrastructure to every new situation in a flexible way. That’s where Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) fits in.
An IT partner that understands the tech landscape and can translate your requirements into solutions is critical for success
4 reasons to choose IaaS
Today, many business owners already recognize the significant benefits of outsourcing IT infrastructure to an external party that adds more resources and expertise. Computer resources delivered as a service are quickly becoming the standard, and it’s not hard to see why:
- It enables businesses to scale up or down without constraints: resources are available as and when needed, there are no delays in expanding capacity, or unused capacity wasted. In this way, risks are minimized and operating expenses optimized. With a limited investment, you gain access to unlimited computing power. This flexibility also boosts operational excellence.
- IT availability, continuity, and security are the responsibilities of the service provider. In most cases, the latter has unsurpassed expertise and resources to rely on, and is heavily committed to achieving 100% success rates. Virtually all service providers have redundancy configurations in place as well.
- The service can usually be accessed anywhere – all it takes is an internet connection and the necessary security protocols. This location independence opens up new ways of working.
- The role of infrastructure in business innovation is increasing, offering enterprises new ways of differentiating themselves. Apart from compute models, typical devices like drones, beacons and measuring equipment will take on a more prominent role in the infrastructure landscape.
Make your way to the cloud
Making your organization cloud-connected can happen in several ways: from a ‘big bang’ approach to phased migration, or even by starting with just a few targetedsolutions at first. For example, if your hardware has reached end-of-life, a full-blown switch to the cloud could make sense for your organization. However, a gradual journey is the way to go to increase operational excellence and availability without disrupting your existing infrastructures and processes.
Unburdening in 4 steps
Whatever approach you choose, a partner that understands the technological landscape and your business, and who can translate your requirements into the right applications and solutions is indispensable. Furthermore, your partner/provider needs to have a clear overview of what’s available in the market, and which infrastructure or cloud model is ideal to reach your goals.
As a one-stop-shop solutions provider, delaware unburdens you by thoroughly studying what your business needs to meet its goals, and then installing, implementing and managing the solutions – and the underlying infrastructure – for you.
- Study: What does your business need in order to be successful? How can the right infrastructure solution help you in this? A thorough deep-dive in your company will provide answers to these questions.
- Installation: With over 15 years of technological expertise, delaware is synonymous with quick and smooth installation, keeping disruptions in daily business to an absolute minimum.
- Implementation: We ensure that you get the most out of your solution through high-quality training and communication efforts — so everyone is on the same page
- Managing: After installation and implementation, we ensure the continuity of your complete solution stack through pro-active intervention. This includes the application itself, as well as the underlying infrastructure. Specially-designed dashboards issue warnings when anomalies are detected.
See the bigger picture
As a consultancy firm with integrator roots, delaware has a multi-platform and multidisciplinary offering and a hands-on approach. We are independent, which means we’re not restricted to just one cloud environment, but we have strong partnerships with service providers like Microsoft, SAP and BT. That, along with our extensive experience, allow us to see the bigger picture.
How we can help you
- create awareness through workshops, business games and quick scans
- define improvement programs and offer vision, strategy and a roadmap
- execute transformation at your company
- build your business process architecture, monitor it, and train your people
Why choose delaware?
- We offer a structured approach
- We recombine business and technology
- We collaborate closely with your team
- We have 15 years of experience in business transformation in numerous industries