At delaware, we consider the security of our systems as a top priority. But no matter how much effort we put into system security, there can still occur vulnerabilities.
How to act if you discover a vulnerability
- E-mail your findings to email@example.com. Encrypt your findings using our PGP key to prevent this critical information from falling into the wrong hands,
- Do not take advantage of the vulnerability or problem you have discovered, for example by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or deleting or modifying other people's data,
- Do not reveal the problem to third parties until it has been resolved,
- Do not use attacks on physical security, social engineering, distributed denial of service, spam or applications of third parties, and
- Do provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem, so we will be able to resolve it as quickly as possible. Usually, the IP address or the URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability will be sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require further explanation.
What can you expect
- We will respond to your report within 5 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected resolution date,
- If you did follow the instructions as mentioned here above, we will not take any legal action against you in regard to the report,
- We will handle your report with strict confidentiality, and we do not forward your personal data to third parties without your permission,
- We will keep you informed of the progress towards resolving the problem,
- In the public information concerning the problem reported, we will publish your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you desire otherwise).
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we would like to play an active role in the ultimate publication on the problem after it is resolved.