Our vision & story
Today’s food companies are facing continuous pressure from various stakeholders. Consumers demand a larger range of products at a similar or lesser cost. Retailers ask for shorter delivery cycles at better margins, while authorities are requesting improved reporting of food data on product labels.
That’s why developing new products with the right properties is a key focus for future-oriented companies. To make this happen, the development of new recipes should be closely integrated into the existing SAP landscape, to make certain processes run smoothly. SAP Recipe Development (RD) helps food and beverage manufacturers to collect and calculate the data during the design phase, in order to ensure adequate labelling of ingredients, nutrients and allergens.
We’re not just technical experts; we understand how to provide a competitive advantage to our customers, by supporting their business processes based on cutting-edge technologies. Thanks to a number of large-scale projects, we’ve identified the best practices for the food industry. For example, we know that the proper follow-up of ingredients and data sharing with product data pools such as GS1 is crucial to any food company, or that health and safety can only be guaranteed if the quantity of every single component has been carefully measured.
With this in mind, delaware has designed a small (but growing!) Compliance team that’s ready to tackle the challenges our customers face – while making sure they always comply with laws and regulations. Are you the committed SAP RD consultant ready to join our team?
What will you be doing as an SAP Recipe Development Consultant?
As an SAP RD consultant, you’ll have a very diverse list of things to do. Let’s have a look:
Today, we have offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen, but you will often be working onsite at our customers, wherever they are in Belgium. So it does not really matter whether you are living in or around Limburg, Brussels, Gent, Brugge or Antwerpen. It is highly likely we are implementing a product lifecycle management solution in your area right now!
- You’ll be involved in the entire implementation project and do your utmost to bring it to a successful conclusion. This means you’ll guide the customer along every step of the project: from analysis, blueprinting and customization, up until the actual ‘go-live’ of their brand new system.
- First, you’ll take a deep dive into the customer’s new product development processes, learning all about their specific business requirements.
- During the blueprint phase, you’ll put forward recommendations as to how the recipe and label data should be managed.
- After analyzing the processes, you’ll set up SAP and organize workshops to train end users
- If extra programming is necessary, you’ll write the specifications. Needless to say, you’ll follow the development carefully and test everything thoroughly before it is released to users. This also entails supervising the user testing and making adjustments as needed.
- You’ll make sure your customers are well prepared for a successful go-live: a tense phase in which you’ll play an important role.
- After implementation, you’ll provide support and guidance and identify possible process improvements.
- You’ll be working for a diverse client portfolio. By the way, did we mention that delaware is Belgium’s biggest SAP implementation partner?
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware SAP Recipe Development Consultant?
Now that you know what your to-do list looks like, let’s see if your skill set includes the strengths we’re looking for:
- Do you have 2 or more years of experience working with SAP PP or SAP QM, either as a user, a key user, or a consultant?
- Would you say that you complement those functional SAP skills with sound knowledge of the business processes in the food, pharmaceutical or biological industry?
- Perhaps you have a background in biology or chemistry? And maybe you’ve also been working in a lab? If you combine those skills with solid SAP knowledge, you know the system and understand the needs of possible stakeholders involved in the R&D process.
- Do you show a genuine interest in everything related to the design, production and labeling of food and pharmaceutical products? End consumers want to see accurate, detailed information on the label of the product they’re buying. Can you blame them?
- Were you previously involved in full project implementations? Great! That means you know how important it is to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- What about client-facing skills? Are you able to listen carefully to the customer’s needs and to translate them into a solution?
- Speaking of communication: Can you express yourself easily in English and Dutch or French?
- And last but not least, do our company values appeal to you? We take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of positive team spirit.
So what do you think? Do you see yourself becoming an integral part of our Compliance team?
If the list above seems to match your skill set, we’d love to meet you.
WANT TO DISCOVER MORE?
Have a look at delaware’s FAST-Chemicals template here, or find out more about us on our website and blog. You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life!
Are you keen to help us grow our Compliance team? Click the Apply Now button below and hopefully we’ll get to meet each other soon!
Is there anything we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Feel free to contact us by e-mail. We really want to hear from you!