The first S4HANA Public Cloud implementation in Asia
With the company’s continuous growth and success for the last 10 years, the need to replace its fragmented legacy finance system with a modern cloud platform had been more persistent to speed up processing of sales and inventory activities as well as integrate with the existing Point of Sale (POS) system for a unified user experience. With this, The first S/4HANA Public Cloud implementation in Asia went live last October 2017 with delaware Asia Pacific as the implementation partner.
S4HC Finance at HQ Finance for 40 users integrated to 3rd party system to cater for financial needs of the whole group as they practice centralized Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- No integration which resulted in manual steps and errors.
- Lack of timely information for management reporting.
The ‘local premium supermarket’ invested in this project to mainly improve their efficiency and productivity and utilize the latest technology to ensure the technology stayed relevant in next decade with the ‘strength’ of SAP with lower TCO than on premise
- Change of quarterly closing to monthly closing provided more up-to-date information in this fast paced industry.
- Integration to third party POS for invoicing.
- Productivity of the finance team has increased whilst maintaining team morale.
- Headcount has been maintained with more store openings.
The company proposed different solutions to the Board of Directors and delaware Asia Pacific was recommended for its S/4 HANA Cloud experience and global resources.