Transporting textiles into the digital age
The textile industry covers business activities as diverse as weaving fabrics, producing yarns, tufting carpets and developing novel woven materials and designs – all with a key focus on technical parameters.
Although textile production is one of the oldest industries in the world, the business environment is definitely far from the Dark Ages. The critical element in efficient textile production lies in a precision-planned production flow that is aligned with limits such as roll length, availability and batch characteristics. It’s no secret that a well-integrated IT solution provides the operational insights needed to revolutionize textile manufacturing – and boost profit.
Like many industries, complexity is at the core of textile production. The physical limits of the machinery used and the sheer diversity – and dynamicism – of textile products make production a puzzle from design to shipping. That’s where intelligent IT solutions come in.
Link your processes and your ERP system – with a keen eye to industry challenges – with delaware’s SMART-Textile solution
Industry-specific challenges and complexities
In addition to the universal challenges of talent management, financial excellence, and streamlined business operations, companies active in textiles must tackle specialized obstacles and business processes, such as:
- The demand for smaller lot sizes and customized products
- Constantly-shifting fashion trends
- Dye batch and order planning
- Stock planning and warehousing
- Product data management
- Product lifecycle management
- Large numbers of machines used in the course of a single contract
Digitization and automation through a centralized IT system can provide you with the production insights to design flexible production cycles, shave off inefficiencies, proactively maintain your equipment and more – leading to that competitive edge necessary for differentiation and success in the digital age.
Key benefits of Microsoft Dynamics AX
- flexible, data-enriched production processes
- production planning transparency
- new technologies (IoT, sensors) to be built into products
- real-time reporting and analytics of shop floor processes
- optimized tooling implementation
- integration with cross industries like advanced planning and warehousing
SMART-Textile: all the power of Microsoft Dynamics AX, tailored to textiles
Streamline every business process, from purchasing and manufacturing to sales and logistics, and achieve sustainable growth with delaware’s custom-designed SMART-Textile package. The easy-to-use solution comes with key industry-specific functionalities, including:
- Product management templates: generate parts lists and process routes of textile products.
- Sample management: prepare for the manufacturing process, including input, production, finishing and warehousing.
- Graphical planning board: visually plan production orders with real-time support, constraint planning and an order-in-order feature.
- MES shop floor: integrate MES data in real time or online with your ERP system to monitor the entire production process.
Why choose delaware
- We have 15 years of experience in the management of large-scale IT projects in textiles.
- Our agile-based project methodology and collaborative approach ensures the most impactful results for your business.
- Our in-house preconfigurations enable us to offer affordable, smooth implementations with minimal hassle.