SAP on Azure: the best of both worlds
Today’s uncertainty is driving the acceleration of cloud adoption. Migrating to the cloud is no longer an ambition but a strategic priority, as enterprises look to become more agile, productive and secure in order to navigate today’s fluctuating business demands. Market dynamics, rising costs, new business process requirements, and increasing amounts of data can make it a challenge to run and protect mission-critical SAP business functions.
As the 2027 deadline looms closer, which will mark the end of SAP support for SAP ECC 6.0, businesses are compelled to invest in transforming business processes and modernising their ERP landscape in order to become a truly intelligent enterprise and future proof their SAP investments.
Microsoft Azure runs some of the largest and most demanding production SAP workloads in the world, with a proven track record that no other cloud vendor can match, and that’s why every single implementation we do is hosted on Microsoft Azure.
Let us run your SAP platform so you can run your business.
7 key benefits of SAP on Azure
- Security – With more than 25 industry compliance and trust certifications, Azure ensures that your critical enterprise applications run on a secure and reliable platform that protects your customers’ data. And you’re in good company: 85% of Fortune 500 firms rely on Azure.
- Cost effective – Moving to the Azure platform enables you to reduce your IT infrastructure costs by 45% to 75%. Build further upon what you already have installed, and enjoy ease of integration through the largest network of secure, private connections with Azure.
- Integration – Azure is more than just infrastructure: it also offers easy integration with other business applications, including Office365.
- Performant & on-demand – Azure provides you with the computing power to run your SAP applications, including HANA and S/4 workloads, smoothly. It always delivers the best user experience. Azure’s pay-as-you-go service allows you to quickly scale up or down, and ensures that you don’t have to pay for what you don’t use.
- Reliability – Azure has the largest cloud footprint of any cloud provider (42 regions). This greatly reduces the risk of an outage. Add to that a wealth of built-in availability and disaster recovery features, and your systems are guaranteed to remain available at all times.
- Flexibility – Azure cloud data centers are at your fingertips. Provision your SAP environments when you need them. Deploy new systems immediately; whether you need them for new projects, training or testing purposes, they’ll be ready and available to you within hours rather than weeks or months.
- Productive – Azure is a feature rich platform providing a link of your business applications towards all kind of different technology trends like Mobility, Data + Analytics, IoT (Internet of Things), AI + Cognitive Services and last but not least Security + Indentity. Azure is much more than just an IaaS platform.
Today, delaware has multiple SAP production environments running on Azure, including the most recent S/4 implementations and HANA workloads. Moreover, delaware is the only Belgian Microsoft partner covering all existing Azure services.
Ready to test the water? You’ll be in good company: numerous organizations, like Zorgbedrijf Antwerpen, PKF and Anova, have already dipped their toes into the wonderful world of SAP on Azure.
How we can help you
We work with you to understand your needs and define the most efficient approach to migrating your SAP systems to the cloud.
We leverage reference architectures and best practices from our past projects, validated by our partners, to deliver the most suitable SAP on Azure architecture. This approach allows us to move your SAP systems to the cloud in a faster, more secure, and – most importantly – a trusted way.
As your single point of contact, we not only take ownership of your migration journey to the cloud, but we also continue to support you in the efficient and effective operation of the environment with proactive, reactive and innovative services.
Get a first impression of a migration to S/4 HANA running on the Azure cloud with our ‘try before you buy’ fixed-price evaluation service. Check out the delaware Testlab.
Why choose delaware?
- We are your trusted cloud advisor
- We take a proven, agile, structured approach
- We collaborate closely with your team
- We walk the talk, meaning we always deliver SAP on Azure solutions that work!