Companies at every step of the food product value chain, from ingredient manufacturers to production specialists and trading partners, will be confronted with the trials – and tribulations – of digital transformation. delaware has the solutions and the expertise to guide your food business into the digital age.
To meet their growth and innovation goals, small and medium-sized companies in today’s business world require a platform that accelerates their business processes and simplifies decision-making. In the food industry, this need is complicated by the challenges that come with the unique characteristics of food production processes, regulatory requirements and consumer demands.
Quality and efficiency are at the core of competitiveness in food. A well-implemented, targeted ERP system tailored to your microvertical and company will allow you to handle complex operational tasks in an automated way. From forecasting, traceability, cost calculation and warehousing to logistics and beyond, this automation won’t just transform your operations; it will give you deep insights into your suppliers and end customers.
In addition to the universal digitization and automation challenges of complex processes, stock management, regulations and logistics, food companies must tackle industry-specific hot topics such as:
1. Traceability: ensuring transparent, consistent information about every step of the production process.
2. Shelf life compliance: production planning and customer fulfillment taking into account shelf life limitations.
3. Quality-based pricing: managing pricing based on specific item characteristics.
We have developed FAST-Food™, a custom ERP template based on the latest SAP S/4HANA technology that contains best practices we have acquired over 18 years of food industry experience. This powerful template enables:
• Comprehensive specification management
• Rapid receipt through supplier label scanning
• Smart contracting
• Production optimization
• More efficient warehousing and transport operations
• Improved customer fulfilment
• Enhanced cost prediction and margin attainment
Now more than ever before, consumers want to know exactly what they are eating. Where has their piece of meat come from?