Junior Technical Consultant
Have you been bitten by the technology bug? If so, you’ll feel right at home with us as a junior technical consultant because we also love keeping up with the very latest technological news and updates. We’re particularly focused on everything that Microsoft and SAP do, but we also look more broadly than that, which is why we’re setting up innovative projects related to things like artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things and augmented and virtual reality.
But for us, technology will always be a means to an end – we don’t ‘do’ technology just for technology’s sake! First and foremost, we want to help our customers achieve their objectives. No challenge is insurmountable for us, and our motto is ‘We always deliver’.
How about you?
- If you want to set to work with coding and the technical aspect of IT, then you’ve come to the right place. You’ll probably recognize some of our frameworks from your degree program, but needless to say we’ll soon take you to another level – firstly by providing you with an intensive period of starters’ training and then by letting you loose on the technology and code ‘on the job’ as quickly as possible!
- You’re never on your own, though. At delaware, we continuously invest in our employees. You receive help and support, both during your training period and on projects, from your peers as well as from more experienced senior consultants.
- Maybe you’ve not yet decided whether you want to go in the .NET or Java direction...or perhaps infrastructure instead? Or maybe even information management or business intelligence? No problem! We give you the chance to learn the ins and outs of all these areas (plus many more besides) so that you can make a well-informed choice. Depending on your own learning curve, your ambitions and your most/least favorite activities, we then help you to map out your growth path more clearly. We’re in no doubt that you will discover a whole host of new and interesting things within our company.
- Our customers’ projects revolve around topics like business intelligence and big data, ERP development and integration, mobile applications and web development, infrastructure and e-commerce, to name but a few.
- But as a technical consultant you do more than just development work. We prefer to see ourselves as Sherpas, leading our customers to unprecedented technological heights. How high? You won’t really know that until you get to know your customer(s) thoroughly, such as by regularly working with them on location. So you’ll also work in close collaboration with your customers and your colleagues from various disciplines. We work steadily to build the right solution for each customer based on agile and scrum methodologies. Moreover, you’ll be involved throughout entire projects from start to finish, for companies across a broad range of industries – so variety is guaranteed.
ACHIEVING SUCCESS TOGETHER
If not everything is crystal clear yet, don’t worry. During our first interview which is mainly for orientation purposes, we’ll strive to match your interests to the opportunities and activities on offer within delaware as optimally as possible. Together, we’ll discover what suits you best and how we can get your career off to a flying start.
Achieving success for our customers means more than merely delivering the project on time and on budget; we also create relevant added value for them. That’s often only possible when you’ve got first-hand knowledge of your customer and their processes, which is another reason why we always work with our customers as frequently and as closely as possible.
Meanwhile, you’re responsible for much of your own success. We give you the opportunity to grow, thanks to an extensive portfolio of training courses and supported by a personal counselor. If you’re keen to gain more in-depth technological knowledge, you can. Annelies specialized in all things ‘mobile’. Alternatively, you could choose to broaden your scope and evolve in the direction of project management or functional expertise. Or why not spread your wings internationally just like Cédric?
COME AND TALK TO US
Have you recently completed your bachelor or master degree? Are you interested in or have you already sampled one or more of these areas: .NET, C#, Java, SQL, ABAP, HTML5, SEO, Google Analytics, SharePoint, SAP, mobile, networks, servers? Are you naturally communicative, inquisitive and analytical? Do you enjoy digging a little deeper to get to the root of a problem? Do you take a proactive approach to solving customers’ challenges? Are you always ready to spring into action? Can you communicate fluently in Dutch (or French) as well as English? Do our company values – we take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of positive team spirit – appeal to you?
If so, we really need to talk.
Send us your CV for screening. If the results are positive, we’ll arrange an initial meeting with you – so that we can explain more about what we actually do and how you could play an important role in it.
FIND OUT MORE
These blogs will give you more insight into how we do things:
- Student no more. Consultant all the more.
- The story of a Belgian in the USA. How it all started
- 10 questions you need to ask when applying for a job