SAP GTS Consultant
In a globalized world, companies that take an intelligent approach to managing their international trade activities have a competitive edge. As SAP GTS Consultant, you facilitate that by helping them to digitalize and automate global transactions in an ever-changing world. The result? No more valuable time is lost, import/export risks are reduced and the company performance improves.
What will your job entail?
- As SAP GTS Consultant you get to know your customers’ global trade reality through and through, from enquiry to signed document; your functional analysis takes into account each and every step that is necessary for dispatch.
- After analyzing the processes, you translate them into SAP GTS (Global Trade Services). You configure the system and hold workshops to teach the users how it works.
- If extra programming is necessary, you write the specifications. Needless to say, you follow the development carefully and test everything thoroughly before it is released for users.
- This entails also supervising the user testing and making adjustments as needed.
- You ensure your customers are well prepared for a successful go-live: a tense phase in which you play an important role.
- After implementation, you provide support and guidance and identify possible process improvements.
Can you tick off most of the points on the list below? If so, we’d like to get to know you better.
- Maybe you used to be a consultant within global trade? Or perhaps you combine a background as a transport manager with sound knowledge of distribution flows? Maybe you already have substantial customs experience (whether from an IT perspective or a business role) and/or are familiar with digital customs systems? All of these scenarios are interesting starting points for this job!
- Above all, you’re hands-on; you’ve built up your expertise through ‘doing’. So you have experience of foreign trade, customs declarations, legal control, trade compliance, import and export declarations, VAT warehouses, excise movement and control system (EMCS) and more...
- You combine your experience with a more than keen interest in the technological side of things. You won’t do development work yourself, but you do need to be able to translate your customer’s global trade reality and processes into a technological system. In other words, you’re not a techie but you can certainly hold your own up to a certain level when it comes to technological challenges and discussions.
- And if some aspect of the technology is unclear, you’re not afraid of taking a closer look at the system yourself – although you can of course always contact your more technically minded colleagues as well. Above all, you’re the functional linchpin of our global trade solutions.
- Any (hands-on) experience with SAP would be a definite advantage.
- Not only can you handle projects independently, but you can also lead a project team.
- Moreover, you are extremely keen to build a career as a consultant: you’re someone who takes the initiative and conducts their own research but is also quick to involve colleagues from other disciplines if necessary. You listen very carefully to your customer’s needs and succeed in translating them into something that both your development colleagues and your customer contacts can understand. You’re driven by the desire to complete each and every project as successfully as possible!
- You can communicate easily in Dutch, French and English.
- Our projects and our customers are located throughout the whole of Belgium and in every industry. In other words, there will be plenty of variety.
- There are also opportunities to work on international projects – if you’re interested, of course. Many of our colleagues find international experience is especially stimulating. You too?
As SAP GTS Consultant you are guaranteed to receive a lot of autonomy from us. Since global trade is continuing to gain importance for numerous companies, we see significant growth potential. That also opens up opportunities for you to take on a leading role in the team. All your colleagues are passionate about global trade, which enables us as consultants to add concrete value for our customers.
Furthermore, you can depend on us for...
- A whole host of internal and external training opportunities
- A coach who will help you shape your own career.
- A bright future within a solid company: Delaware Consulting employs more than 800 people in Belgium (plus hundreds more abroad) and we’re growing all the time.
- Plenty of growth and career prospects.
- You’ll discover that we have an attractive company culture with regular team meetings and team-building activities.
- We’re guided by our company values: we take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of positive team spirit.
- And needless to say, you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package.
Tell us why you’d be an excellent addition to our team and apply now!
Keen to know more?
Delaware colleagues regularly blog about SAP.
Alternatively, take a look at our operational excellence pages.