Technical SAP HR Consultant
The name Technical Consultant perhaps doesn’t entirely do justice to the role if you’re working within SAP HR/SAP HCM. Ultimately the HR processes differ from one company to another, and that demands a certain amount of creativity from you. The ability to translate that diversity into a technical solution illustrates the difference between an exceptional technical SAP HR consultant and merely a good one. If you’re a member of the first group – although we admit they are pretty rare – then we’d love to hear from you.
As absolute SAP experts we, Delaware Consulting, are fully focused on all SAP modules. For us, SAP HR/SAP HCM is one of the main growth areas for the future. We’ve already gained a foothold in the market but, with your help, we’re now keen to maximize our presence, including by further broadening our expertise. We regard it as our mission to support HR departments in optimizing their HR processes, which we do by developing state-of-the-art and tailor-made solutions.
What will you be working on as a Technical SAP HR Consultant at Delaware?
- As a Delaware consultant you’re involved from the start (the analysis and blueprinting phase), throughout the implementation (the development and customizing phase) and right through to the finish (the documentation, trainings, ‘go live’ and support phase), so literally from A to Z.
- As Technical Consultant your activities will be primarily focused on the second (implementation) phase, but you’ll immediately gain plenty of exposure to the other phases too. You can then choose to specialize further depending on your own interests and preferences.
- As a consultant, one of the first and most important steps at the start of each project is to thoroughly understand and analyze the customer’s needs in order to creatively translate them into a technological solution. Therefore, you’re also very familiar with all kinds of HR processes.
- In addition, you have strong communication skills. You don’t only speak the language of ABAP code, but can also explain to your HR contacts in plain and simple terms how everything will work within SAP HR. In other words, you combine technical expertise with the ‘softer’, more communicative side of the consultant’s role.
- Please bear in mind that you’ll spend more than half of your time working client-side. After all, intensive consultation with the customer’s internal HR department is an absolute must in order to get to grips with their specific reality and to translate that into the right solutions.
- Most of our projects are based nationally: in Flanders and Brussels. But, if you’re interested, there are also international opportunities.
- Our projects usually involve smaller teams of up to 5 consultants.
- Your customers come from every conceivable industry and sector, which means that plenty of variety is guaranteed.
- As a Technical SAP HR Consultant you have opportunities for progression at both technical and functional level. If you’re good at leading projects, for example, then your future could lie in PM or people management. Within Delaware, almost every experienced consultant acts as a mentor to younger, less-experienced colleagues.
Does the profile below fit you like a glove? If so, we’d like to get to know you better.
- A strong affinity with technology: you have at least 3 years’ technical experience within SAP HR.
- Thanks to your considerable experience within SAP HCM you can set to work straight away.
- You’re a capable programmer within SAP ABAP and you also have a sound knowledge of WebDynpro, Floor Plan Manager, HR Renewal, UI5 and Fiori.
- If on top of that you’ve already had a taste of SAP Interface toolbox, Gateway, SOAP, REST or HANA Cloud Platform then we’ll be really impressed.
- Furthermore, you combine all that technical expertise with a thorough knowledge of various HR processes.
- You’re also more than ‘just’ a coder; you have a very good understanding of the functional dimension of the job too.
- You’re a native speaker of Dutch or French, but you’re almost equally as proficient in English.
What do we offer you?
- We want to expand our SAP HR expertise together with you. In other words, you’ll be one of the crucial building blocks in our SAP HR success story.
- But you can always fall back on the experience and expertise of a strong team. You’ll receive the support of a couple of dozen colleagues in our Human Capital business unit, with whom you can brainstorm and exchange ideas at our offices in Ghent, Antwerp, Kortrijk or Waver.
Other things awaiting you include...
- A whole host of internal and external training opportunities.
- A coach who will help you shape your own career.
- A bright future within a solid company with plenty of career prospects: Delaware Consulting employs more than 770 people in Belgium (plus hundreds more abroad) and we’re continuously investing and growing.
- There’s an attractive company culture and we regularly organize team meetings and team-building activities.
- We’re guided by our company values: we take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of positive team spirit.
Are you keen to help us expand SAP HR? If so, let us know. Apply now!
Delaware colleagues regularly blog about their work. Alternatively, take a look at our operational excellence web pages.