Senior SAP BPC Consultant
As anyone who is active within financial consolidation already knows, 1 + 1 ≠ 2. To find out what it does equal, it’s first necessary to gather, analyse and interpret a whole load of data. That’s then used as the basis for preparing a consolidated report, which all too often means many hours of manual work in Excel – work that subsequently has to be redone from square one in the next consolidation round.
As Senior SAP BPC Consultant, you can help to eliminate this source of frustration for financial professionals. Automating the transactional aspect of consolidation frees up time for what really matters: the analysis which underlines the added value of consolidated reporting.
SAP BusinessObjects Planning and Consolidation, known as SAP BPC for short, brings together planning, budgeting, forecasting and consolidation in a single application. This enables companies to adapt their plans more quickly and easily, improve their forecasting accuracy and speed up the budget and approval process – and all while complying with the relevant financial reporting standards.
What will your role entail?
- As Senior SAP BPC Consultant you will work with our customers on all kinds of financial and management consolidation projects.
- What you actually do is create the optimal set-up. This is a hands-on role in which you immerse yourself in your customer’s consolidation reality, and that almost always demands a ‘tailor-made’ approach.
- You then prepare the functional analysis, detailing how the system should work and subsequently take care of the configuration of the tool.
- Needless to say, you keep a close eye on the implementation to ensure that it’s all done according to your plan.
About the projects
- We work on both national and international projects, although you are mainly based in Belgium.
- The type of company and the sector (ranging from manufacturing to services and from food to retail) is different every time, so you can count on plenty of variety.
- There is also a lot of variation in the scope of the consolidation activities; you will be working for both mid-size customers who want to redesign their consolidation process as well as for major corporations that often face hugely complex consolidation challenges.
- Hence, projects are a mix of ‘greenfield’ implementations (SAP BPC system installed for the first time) and conversion projects (the existing system is optimized or adapted in line with changing business requirements).
- On average, a project takes 4 to 6 months. You will normally be working on several different projects at once.
- You always work on projects in close cooperation with our clients. One thing’s for sure: we’re extremely customer-oriented!
- When not working client-side, you’re welcome to work out of one of our offices in Antwerp, Ghent, Kortrijk or Waver. After all, it’s important that you get to know your delaware colleagues too.
- You will be part of the SAP FI/CO and Business Controlling solution. The SAP FI/CO team is a great group of colleagues with a focus on the SAP Financial Accounting and Controlling module. The Business Controlling colleagues focus on delivering action-oriented financial insights that help to achieve the customer’s objectives. Hence, both within this solution and within delaware Consulting as a whole, there are plenty of opportunities for career progression (in the areas of BPC, FI/CO and/or Business Controlling).
If the profile below sounds like you, then we’d like to get to know you better:
- You have at least 3 years of experience with SAP BPC.
- You have experience of consolidated reporting and you know the ins and outs of IFRS.
- In addition to your functional expertise, you also have the right entrepreneurial spirit. Hence, you keep a very close eye on the developments in your domain and formulate recommendations for how we can further strengthen our position.
- You can communicate easily in both Dutch and English. Proficiency in French is a big advantage. Since your customers are located throughout the whole of Belgium, you are willing to be flexible in terms of where you work. After all, the best way to get to know your customers well is to spend time with them so you can expect to be working on location regularly.
- Ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
We firmly believe that delaware is a great place to work. What do we offer you?
- The chance to immerse yourself in the IT side of consolidation and the SAP BPC system.
- A whole host of internal and external training opportunities.
- A coach who will help you shape your own career.
- A bright future within a solid company: delaware Consulting employs more than 800 people in Belgium (plus hundreds more abroad) and we’re growing all the time.
- Plenty of career prospects; we’ll be happy to discuss the possible options with you in more detail because we’re firm believers in recombining talent and expertise across the boundaries of our various business units. So you can really broaden your horizons with us!
- An attractive company culture with regular team meetings and team-building activities.
- We’re guided by our company values: we take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of team spirit.
- A competitive salary and benefits package awaits you.
Tell us how you’d approach the role of Senior SAP BPC Consultant. Apply now!
Keen to know more?
Our blog site presents various blogs by delaware colleagues.