SAP SD Consultant - Project Manager
OUR VISION / OUR STORY
“delaware originates from a dream to initiate an organization that lasts. A company that lives on through succeeding generations and our customers’ successes. An intense organization, eager and warm, demonstrating commitment with a spirit” – Peter Oyserman, Founding Partner delaware
delaware is Belgium’s biggest SAP implementation partner. Nevertheless, we have our feet planted firmly on the ground. After all, our customers depend on us to skillfully guide them through the transition of their sales and distribution processes to S4/HANA in the cloud.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING AS AN SAP SD CONSULTANT / PROJECT MANAGER ?
- As project leader you maintain the helicopter view over the entire project cycle: analysis, blueprinting, customizing, documentation, training, go live and support.
- You estimate the requirements in terms of time and resources and you ensure that everything is completed on schedule.
- You’re involved in the projects from start to finish so you can expect plenty of variety in your role.
- You work on a broad spectrum of SAP SD projects, involving both ‘greenfield’ implementations (SAP system installed for the first time) and conversion projects (updates or amendments to an existing system).
- You’re also the main point of contact for the project on behalf of the customer. Successful implementation depends on a good understanding of and relationship with the customer, so you also have a certain amount of commercial flair. But don’t worry, we don’t expect you to fulfill a sales role!
- Today, we have offices in Ghent, Antwerp, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen, but you will 60% to 70% of your time be working onsite at our customers, wherever they are in Belgium. So it does not really matter whether you are living in Limburg, Brussels, Gent, Bruges, Antwerp... It is highly likely we are implementing an SAP ERP solution in your area right now
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME A DELAWARE SAP SD CONSULTANT / PROJECT MANAGER ?
- You have 5+ years of professional experience as an IT Consultant, including at least 2 years of experience within SAP SD. S/4 HANA exposure is an advantage!
- You are keen to grow into an excellent project manager. We don’t really mind if you use certified project management methodologies, for us the most important is that you’re hands-on and that you know how to take control of, organize, structure and complete projects correctly.
- You succeed in understanding the business and logistics needs and processes of many different types of customers.
- You also have functional knowledge of other SAP modules and, within the SD module, can accurately estimate what kind of custom-development activities will be necessary.
- You find it easy to bridge the gaps to other SAP (supply chain) domains and hence to other teams within delaware as the basis for smooth and constructive collaboration.
- As well as the necessary hard skills, you also have well-developed soft skills: you’re a good communicator and listener and you’re able to sum up situations clearly, not only for customers but also for members of the project team. And you can even fulfill a coaching role for your team members if necessary.
- You speak Dutch and English fluently, and proficiency in French is an advantage!
- You combine 1) drive and commitment (both to the customer in terms of project delivery, and also to delaware in terms of engagement within the organization) with 2) a pragmatic approach (you don’t dogmatically cling to principles or theories, but instead opt for a hands-on approach which you adapt flexibly to the relevant situation).
WANT TO DISCOVER MORE?
So come see us in Ghent, Antwerp, Wavre, Kortrijk or Lummen.