SAP CO Consultant
Fancy being part of one of the biggest SAP FICO teams in Belgium? We—delaware—already have a lot of expertise and know-how in-house. But—with your help—we want to add to that.
Controlling (i.e. inspecting/auditing/validating) is no longer an ugly word. It’s become a strategically important domain that helps companies continually improve their processes. Present-day controllers no longer ‘audit’ the figures after the fact! They give forecasts on likely outcomes and, in that way, support the business in attaining (and continually adjusting and fine-tuning) its objectives! `Controlling’ feeds the strategic decision-making process via real-time reporting. The technical and functional support needed for that… is where we come in!
- As SAP CO Consultant, you will focus on the CO side of FICO. NB: FICO stands for FI (Financial Accounting) and CO (Controlling). As a CO expert, you know better than anyone that CO is less ‘out of the box’ and actually needs a ‘tailored’ approach. You become fully conversant with the controlling activities of your customers, so that you can put together something that meets their specific needs.
- As consultant, you are involved, from the start (the analysis- and blueprinting phases) over the implementation (the development and customizing phases) right through to the finish (the documentation, trainings-, ‘go-live’ and support phases). So literally from A to Z. So, be prepared for a job with a lot of variety!
- Our customers are active in a wide range of industries.
- Consequently, SAP CO Consultants come into close contact with all manner of logistic processes (purchasing, sales, production, maintenance, quality control, etc.).
- We serve both local (chiefly Flanders and Brussels) and international customers.
- Projects comprise ‘greenfield’ implementations (an initial SAP ERP system is installed) and change-over projects (the existing system is optimized or adapted to meet changing business requirements).
- Our implementation projects usually take between 9 months and 2 years. Allow 3 to 6 months for migrations of smaller projects.
- Projects are always done in close cooperation with the customer. We are, after all, completely customer-driven! You will be spending a lot of time, therefore, on the customer’s premises.
- The rest of the time you’re more than welcome at one of our regional offices in Antwerp, Ghent, Kortrijk or Waver. It’s important to us too, you see, that you get to know your delaware colleagues.
If you recognize yourself in the following job description, then we like to get to know you better:
- You will have at least 3–4 years’ experience in SAP CO, with a few complete implementation projects under your belt.
- You will know at least one of the SAP CO modules like the back of your hand (cost center accounting, profit center accounting, product cost controlling, profitability analysis), and you will have, at the very least, a solid basic knowledge of the other 3.
- You will, therefore, have acquired the requisite maturity and can start work immediately. Your learning curve is one of moving to the next level or expanding into new areas.
- If, in addition, you’ve sampled SAP Finance or project systems (SAP PS) along the way, then that’s a distinct bonus. Links with other modules or newer technologies (SAP HANA, for example, is becoming more important in real-time reporting) are always a plus!
- You are quick to master all kinds of business processes and can converse competently, at the customer’s location, with business controllers and CFOs.
- As to qualifications, you are ideally a master in economics or finance.
- You have a great passion for reporting, are analytical and a stickler for detail.
- You speak fluent Dutch and English. An excellent knowledge of French is a distinct plus!
We are convinced that we are a great company to work for. Here’s what we can offer you:
- The chance to expand your knowledge of SAP CO, to utilize the latest technologies and, at the same time, to reach out to a wide range of other (SAP) modules.
- Many additional training opportunities, both internal and external.
- A personal coach who will help further your career.
- A great future within a solid company: delaware has over 850 colleagues in Belgium (and hundreds more abroad) and we are still expanding.
- Many career-building opportunities: perhaps, in a few years from now, you want to become a Lead Expert in SAP CO? Or do you see yourself more in a project management role? Business controlling could be another area. Or are you evolving more towards ‘strategic consulting’. Or is marketing more your thing? We’d be happy to discuss all these possible avenues and more during your time with us. We firmly believe, you see, in the ‘recombining’ of talent and expertise across the boundaries of our different business units. At delaware, you can really step into a whole new domain!
- Did you know, for that matter, that one of our Directors, Gert Grobben, started out as a SAP Consultant within Finance & Controlling? Catch up on his story in the blog “IT consultant turns HR director. What’s your next move?”
- An upstanding corporate culture exists here, with regular team meetings and teambuilding activities.
- As a company, we stand by for our core values: we take care of our employees and customers, we are dedicated, enterprising and respectful, and do everything in a positive team spirit.
- And, of course, a competitive remuneration package awaits you.
Tell us how you, together with us, intend to take SAP CO to the next level. Apply for the post now!
Want to learn more?
On our blog site, you’ll find some blogs by your Delaware colleagues