Microsoft Infrastructure Architect (Solution Architect)
As Microsoft Infrastructure Architect, you design total solutions with which to configure our customers’ business apps. These solutions are composed of combinations of private and public cloud and on-premise components. You will design and describe how the different technologies should be integrated and work together, and this both in Pre-sales and during the handover.
- As Infrastructure Architect, you’ll often be working in the opposite direction. You proceed from the application and thinks backwards to what’s needed in order to host it. For that, you design an IT architecture, taking the customer’s specific needs into account. All these elements then determine the most appropriate solution for the customer (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS cloud, on-premise hardware...).
- You’ll spend a considerable part of your time on presales. Together with a sales colleague, you’ll visit your customers so that you can accurately gauge their specific needs, both technically and infrastructurally. You assess the technical feasibility and produce a tailor-made proposal. In doing that, you now have a basis for estimating the price tag (the ‘total cost of ownership’). You prepare, unaided, the technical side of the quotations. You don’t have to sell them, but do give advice, as a technical expert, during this pre-sales phase.
- Once your project has been sold, you will handle part of the handover. So 40% of your time, then, will be spent as technical project manager. That’s the best guarantee to ensure that the outcome matches the tender specification.
- Besides sketching an appropriate IT architecture for new projects, you regularly carry out design contracts and audits of existing infrastructures and at the request of our customers.
- Your field of work therefore encompasses diverse disciplines within Delaware Consulting. Consequently, you will often be in contact, for long periods, with colleagues from the other solutions.
If you recognize yourself in the following job description, then we’d like to get to know you better:
- You’re able to sketch an IT infrastructure, containing all the requisite components (hardware, operating system layer, virtualization, disaster recovery, ...).
- You are thoroughly versed in virtualization and cloud technologies (Azure, HyperV, VMware, Office365, ….).
- You are familiar with several IaaS, PaaS and SaaS models and with private, public and hybrid cloud concepts
- You have knowledge of, and experience of, Intel-compatible servers, storage, networking, IT security and Microsoft operating systems (including Active Directory).
- You have a broad architectural knowledge of widely differing business apps. You are already familiar, in other words, with diverse modules and are interested and highly motivated to master even more modules.
- You also possess the maturity necessary to mold all these components into a fully-integrated solution for the customer.
- You will have at least 7 to 8 years’ relevant experience within IT infrastructure, with one or more of the aforesaid technologies.
- You have a stiff dose of commercial flair. You’ll need that in order to optimally fulfil your consultative role during the presales process.
- You can express yourself fluently and faultlessly in either French or Dutch. In addition, you also have a solid base, at the very least, in Dutch or French respectively. And, naturally, you are also a good communicator in English.
- You work area is within Belgium.
Allow us to show you that we are a great employer. Here’s what we can offer you:
- Many training opportunities, both internal and external
- Just like all other Delaware colleagues, you’re also allocated a personal coach who will help further your career.
- You will find yourself in a solid company with many career-building opportunities: Delaware Consulting has over 770 employees and we are growing at a rapid clip.
- There are regular team meetings and teambuilding activities.
- As a company, we stand by our core values: we take care of our employees and customers, we are dedicated, enterprising and respectful, and do everything in a positive team spirit.
- And, of course, a competitive remuneration package awaits you.
Tell us why would make the ideal Microsoft Infrastructure Architect for us. Apply for the post today!
Want to learn more?
Our colleagues blog regularly about their respective fields of work.
Or take a look at our Operational Excellence web pages.