Java consultant (e-commerce)
DO IT YOURSELF!
Ever grumbled when an e-commerce flow got snarled up? Or ever pull out of a purchase decision because of a complete lack of user-friendliness?
With Hybris you, yourself, create the most optimal e-commerce processes and back offices. Join the Delaware Consulting ‘Customer commitment and Commerce’ team and become a true Hybris and e-commerce expert!
WHAT IS HYBRIS?
Hybris is SAP’s state-of-the-art e-commerce platform. Armed with this omnichannel commerce system, companies can serve the right customer groups better, wherever that customer might be and whatever media channel (s)he uses. With Hybris, all your digital and physical customer contacts are integrated into one, single platform.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR ME?
As a Junior JAVA Consultant, you will be given, firstly, an extensive introduction to the Hybris software. Via training and courses, you will learn the ins and outs of the platform but, at the same time, you soon become active on real-life, customer-specific projects. This is because you will learn the most, and the quickest, by doing it yourself.
As a Java Consultant, you are not just a coder! Equally important is a good grasp of the processes and flows of your customers active in widely diverging sectors, and thinking up tailored Hybris solutions for them.
You monitor projects, from A to Z. From the analysis phase (what are the customer’s needs?), over the ‘blueprinting’ phase (how do you distil those needs into a functional and technical analysis?), through to the development phase (setting up the environment itself). It even stretches to the user documentation and training (how can end-users get the most out of the platform?). You are, therefore, totally involved in both the functional and the technical side. Depending on your own interests, you can then begin to specialize, if you so desire.
You will be very close to your customer(s)! Sitting down with your customer to discuss his needs and problems in depth, to clear up any questions or uncertainties,… is vital if your projects are to succeed.
You collaborate with your colleagues according to the agile/SCRUM methodology. You are, therefore, an active team member and have a big say in the favorable outcome of your (and your team’s) projects.
IS THIS JOB SOMETHING FOR YOU?
Well, that depends. Let’s see… how many of the points on the following list can you tick off?
- You have a bachelor or master in informatics
- You are familiar with Java (Spring and Mysql)
- You can converse fluently in Dutch or French, and English.
WHY SHOULD YOU BE KEEN TO JOIN?
- Hybris is New! Hip and hot! And a fantastic future beckons.
- Our ‘early adaptor’ customers are getting the hang of Hybris. By embracing this technology now you, too, can become an... ‘early developer’.
- E-commerce is growing and becoming increasingly important. By being part of the Hybris developers community, you are assured of a nigh-on endless series of interesting projects for the years to come.
- Hybris is a truly total solution. Everything that you need for e-commerce success is to be found inside: from the right payment flow over multichannel marketing to data-driven, contextual marketing.
- You don’t just become a Hybris expert. Hybris is busy connecting with a whole host of other SAP systems. So you’ll be in frequent contact with other Delaware colleagues regarding other SAP products. Who knows, …. maybe therein lies a new career path for you!
A PEEK INTO THE LIFE OF A JAVA CONSULTANT
- Your day probably starts with a brief scrum meeting: what did you work on yesterday? What’s on the agenda today? Are there any obstacles that need removing?
- Throughout the day you work on your main project(s). One day, for instance, you’ll be making an analysis. The next day you’re writing source code. By the end of a project, you might be writing a lot of user documentation. Or you’re preparing a training course for the end-users. Each day brings something new!
- During the year you will participate in several e-commerce projects. That variety keeps the job fresh and innovative. Together with you, we shall, however, take care that you stay focused. So we try to limit the number of projects you take on at any one time. Variety is fine, but in moderation.
- Together with your colleagues, you deliver end-to-end projects. In other words, you are involved from start to finish. Taking the helicopter view and helping launch the end result are core to this job, we reckon.
- Our customers are to be found in all possible industries. Consequently, you get a very broad view of industrial and business activities, in many different sectors. Which is all very mind-expanding.
- You will often perform your duties at the customer’s location. That ‘closeness to the customer’ is necessary, you see, in order to optimally gauge his needs and to devise tailored solutions.
The Hybris colleagues blog regularly in their respective fields:
- Hybris for dummies: a short introduction by a starter
- Digging deeper into Hybris and its hidden toolboxes