OUR VISION & OUR STORY
Getting our customers’ message across in the most effective way possible. That’s, in a nutshell, what we do. Maybe that’s also what you want to do?
If so, then join our team of expert copywriters and content creators and become a writer for the big tech companies.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING AS A CONTENT CREATOR AT DELAWARE?
What we do is content marketing (selling through content), but we position ourselves at the ‘thought-leading’ end of the content spectrum. We aim to deliver content that positions our customers a step higher. Always thinking ahead. Pushing them to take it to the next level. We think beyond today’s KPIs and instead reach for tomorrow (and sometimes even the day after).
That’s also why we prefer to speak of ‘content creators’ instead of ‘copywriters’. To us, ‘writing copy’ sounds a bit passive. We prefer to ‘create content’ along with our customers: that’s more proactive.
An overview of what to expect:
- You write. That’s your main job! You’ll do all sorts of short copy (blogs, social media updates, web copy, video scripts, interviews…) as well as long copy (long reads, e-books, books…).
- You research your topics. You go online and dive into the masses of information available. The goal? To extract the most promising and original concepts. You’ll also develop some concepts of your own that can take our customers – mainly B2B, IT and technology companies – to a higher level.
- You brainstorm content ideas with colleagues. After all, together, we’re smarter.
- You liaise with your customers. Writing well means you understand your customer’s situation and challenges. And those of their customers. So you can quickly place yourself in the shoes of different personas and write something appealing for them!
- You manage your projects. Writing, researching, liaising… Doing all this for multiple customers means you are a bit of a juggler. Don’t worry. We are too. You’ll quickly get the hang of it.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME A DELAWARE CONTENT CREATOR AND CONSULTANT?
Well, that depends. If you can already tick off some of the items in the list below, then we want to hear from you!
- Do you love to write? Can you handle different writing styles? From ‘more serious’ to ‘more fun’? Are you willing to try any type of content?
- Are you creative by nature? Do you take pride in coming up with original approaches, styles, ideas and more?
- Do you like thinking abstractly? Not just reproducing what others have written but adding your own flavor to it as well?
- Do you enjoy taking a deep-dive into a topic (an industry or technology)? Do you combine that with a keen interest in technology in general?
- Do you write equally fluently in English and Dutch?
- Are you au fait with digital and social media?
- Do you have what it takes to be a consultant? Meaning…
- You’re a great listener who quickly understands the different sensibilities of customers.
- You’re good at explaining things (without beating around the bush).
- You can convince the customer (without losing sight of her/his objectives).
You’re an excellent project manager (who can also motivate other stakeholders
Do you have 3 to 5 years’ experience in an area that somehow relates to this job? Could be as a communications specialist in a consultancy firm or communications agency or as a copywriter perhaps?
If you think this sounds like a lot to expect from just one person, you’re not entirely wrong. But don’t worry, we’re happy to guide you on your way in those areas you’re less familiar with*.
* By the way: if you feel there are some elements about this vacancy text that could be improved, why not tell us? Learning never stops. We’re curious to see what we can learn from you!
WANT TO DISCOVER MORE?
Find out more about us on our website and blog.
You can also get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life!
Are you keen to help us grow our Communications team? Click the Apply Now button below and hopefully we’ll get to meet each other soon at one of our delaware offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk, or Lummen.
Is there anything that we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail, we really want to hear from you!