Are you allergic to limp communication campaigns? Do inconsistent messages make your blood boil?
If so, there’s a big chance that you – like us – are a communication professional with consistently high standards.
Help us to rid the world of inexcusable communication messages!
What will you be doing as a communications consultant at delaware?
We – the Communications business unit within delaware – help our customers to communicate clearly. We thrive best in a B2B, IT and technology environment, and are primarily active in two areas: 1) change communication and 2) content marketing. That might seem like an odd combination, but it works for us – would it work for you?
Change communication = facilitating connections and conversations within your organization
to achieve your business goals
Content marketing = selling through a focus on content
Are you a skilled project manager and/or a strong content creator? Then you could be the colleague we’re looking for. Just so you know: some of us prefer to focus primarily on writing, while others are more into managing projects. Some of us are more into change communication, others are addicted to content marketing. This emphasis on team variety opens up opportunities for us all to try out new things and develop new skills.
Regardless of which turns you on the most, here are some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Getting to know the customer (what are her/his challenges and objectives?);
- Analyzing their business environment (who are the relevant stakeholders?);
- Along with some colleagues, brainstorming about communication concepts (how can we explain things to the target group clearly and comprehensibly?);
- Bringing it all together in a communication or editorial plan;
- Writing a whole lot of content (blogs, e-books, tweets, video scripts, but also emails, newsletters, presentations and more...);
- Rolling out plans and managing them accurately (is the right message sent to the right target group at the right time?);
- Measuring the success of our work (have we met or exceeded our targets?).
Every company culture is different. So you’ll visit each customer’s location often. In fact, for some projects you’ll even spend one or two days per week working on site.
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware communications consultant?
Well, that depends. How many items can you tick off the list below?
- You have at least 5 years’ experience as a communications specialist, perhaps at a consultancy firm or communications agency. You have an affinity with B2B communication and all things IT-related.
- Your experience with change or internal communication and/or content marketing is a definite advantage, but otherwise general communications experience is good too!
- You’re a natural born consultant
- Which means that you’re a great listener who quickly understands the different sensibilities of your stakeholders, whether they’re more IT or more business oriented.
- You’re good at explaining things (without beating around the bush).
- You can empathize with the customer’s reality (while remaining constructively critical).
- You can convince the customer (without losing sight of her/his objectives).
- You’re an excellent project manager (who can also motivate other stakeholders) and/or writer (who can think above and beyond the initial briefing).
- You’re a creative thinker with a unique perspective!
- Needless to say, as a content marketer you have a way with words, so you can turn your mind to all kinds of texts without ruffling a hair.
- You can express yourself perfectly in English and Dutch. La connaissance du français est un plus!
- You’re au fait with digital and social media.
If you think this sounds like a lot to expect from just one person, you’re not entirely wrong. But don’t worry, we’re happy to explore the right combination along with you, in line with your own talents and interests..
Why should you join our Communications team?
As #peopleofdelaware, we truly put our core values into practice: we take care of our employees and customers, we are dedicated, enterprising and respectful, and do everything in a positive team spirit.
But there’s much more that you can expect when you join us:
- You can work on a broad spectrum of change communications and content marketing projects for many different customers in a wide variety of industries, so there’s always something new!
- In terms of change communication within IT and content marketing within B2B we’re in a niche market so you’ll be learning about a unique specialism.
- You’ll have plenty of opportunities for further development in line with your interests.
- delaware employs more than 900 people in Belgium, so you can enjoy the best of both worlds: a large, solid company and a small business unit that maps out its own path.
Want to discover more?
Are you keen to help us grow our Communications team? Click the Apply Now button below and hopefully we’ll get to meet each other soon!
Is there anything that we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail, we really want to hear from you!