Our vision & story
The challenges our customers are facing are plenty - coming from the market and society on one side and technological innovations on the other. The thing is, these challenges aren’t insurmountable. At delaware, we believe that our customers just need some guidance in their Industry 4.0 transformation. Taking the right strategical decisions will put them on the path towards a Self-Driven Supply Chain. That’s why we help them to introduce future innovations such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, by digitizing the shop floor with advanced digital manufacturing solutions. Our true added value? Our deep expertise in SAP S/4 HANA, topped with solid business knowledge on how production processes are run and should be run.
So, do you think you’re the Digital Manufacturing consultant who can help our customers in optimizing and digitizing their production processes? Ready to lead them towards that Self-Driven Supply Chain? Then what are you still waiting for?
What will you be doing as a digital manufacturing (MES) consultant?
You’ll have quite a diverse to-do list, if you ask us:
- As a Digital Manufacturing consultant, you’ll visualize and map the customer’s production processes and discover where optimization opportunities arise, making use of existing and new technologies (like SAP MII, IOT, AI), both in project and/or presales mode.
- You’ll lead and realize projects within a production environment from start to finish. From the blueprint phase, functional design, realization, testing, training and preparation…right up to the actual go-live. You will be the leading consultant, coaching junior colleagues and key users at the customer’s side.
- During the data and architecture design phase, you’ll make sure to keep an eye on the strategic focus points of the customer’s manufacturing department. Do they provide answer to their business challenges?
- A change in processes asks for a change in mindset: You’ll help the customer transition towards a new production process and IT solution, getting the maximum business value (ROI) out of both.
- You can also be deployed on end-to-end ERP projects with other delaware colleagues, taking the lead in the planning and production scope (SAP PP). We could also use your help in specialized production projects in different industries (chemicals, food, automotive…).
Today, delaware has its offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen, but you will often be working at our customers’ sites, wherever they are in Belgium. As a Digital Manufacturing consultant, you’ll l be welcomed – with open arms! – by the Digital Manufacturing team. You’ll have about 20 new colleagues that will advise and assist you on whatever issues you may have. Sounds good, right?
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware digital manufacturing (MES) consultant?
Let’s have a look at the skills you’ll need to become a Digital Manufacturing consultant at delaware:
- Do you have more than 4 years of experience in SAP PP, SAP MII or other MES packages? To us, this means that you already took the lead in the phases of a typical project: blueprint, realization (customizing & developments), testing, training, go-live and support.
- Business knowledge on production processes is a definite must. Would you say that you have a clear vision on how to run and optimize production processes, making use of technology?
Are you familiar with lean manufacturing, business process mapping, OEE, asset reliability, etc?
- What about warehouse management, procurement, etc.? Any broader business and IT knowledge of logistical processes will come in handy.
- Will you show a strong interest in Industry 4.0 business and technology trends? And more importantly – are you eager to start shaping and adapting the existing delaware offerings?
- An implementation project not only requires a change in processes, but also in mindset – Are you able to listen carefully to the customer’s needs, translate complex content into everyday language and communicate the requirements to your team? Thanks to your project management skills, that shouldn’t be an issue.
- Speaking of communication: Can you express yourself easily in English and Dutch or French?
- Your work as a Digital Manufacturing (MES) consultant might take you abroad as well. Are you willing to spend some time gaining international experience? Not a must - a possibility!
- Do our company values appeal to you? We take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of positive team spirit.
Does the above list seem to match your skill set? You can come and tell us all about it during a first talk.
Want to discover more?
If you’re curious about the Self-Driven Supply chain, you can read all about it here. If Artificial Intelligence interests you, you’ll be happy to hear that delaware and Robovision have recently launched an AI partnership.
You can find out more about us on our website and blog. You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life!
Are you keen to help us grow our SAP Digital Manufacturing team? Click the Apply Now button below and hopefully we’ll get to meet each other soon!
Is there anything that we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail, we really want to hear from you!