Our vision & story
Are you curious what XR will look like in a few years’ time? So are we! Every day, 2,000 #peopleofdelaware worldwide are working to bring technological innovation to the businesses of our customers. We believe that technology can bring companies to the next level. delaware’s Mobile, Web & IoT team uses its experience to take the initiative throughout various projects concerning many different technologies.
At delaware, we’ve taken a deep dive into everything that adds a little ‘oomph’ to our daily reality - from headsets to human-machine interactions. Few are aware of Extended Reality (XR), which brings VR, AR and MR together. We believe these technologies can make a difference in the field. Many intriguing innovations are just around the corner. What role will XR play in the business of tomorrow and how can you help to achieve it? You will assist in deciding where Extended Reality goes next and, more importantly, how it manages to do so.
Are you just as passionate about XR as we are? Read on then!
What will you be doing as an XR developer?
The days of XR developers at delaware are diverse and just as interesting as the possibilities of XR. Let’s take a look at what you can expect:
- As an XR developer, you will help customers create both 2D and 3D graphics and use your technical know-how to make them work in an XR environment.
- You and your team share a passion for XR development and will get to the bottom of technical challenges. This collaborative effort results in applications that will enrich people’s lives.
- Curiosity is what drives your passion. You will work with state-of-the-art devices with which you’ll have to experiment to find inventive new solutions. Innovation is without a doubt the keyword of this team.
- We arrange our projects with scrum/agile to get the most out of them. Your project manager will assist you in keeping a clear and feasible planning, but you will have the autonomy to plan out how you will meet deadlines. Short stand-up meetings keep everyone in the team on the same page. Organizing our projects this way helps us to attain a healthy work-life balance.
- With your experience in the field, you will help delaware build extensive XR development expertise.
Our Belgian offices are located in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen. Your team is based mainly in the Antwerp and Lummen offices and consists of approximately 5 people. Once in a while, you will meet with customers to discuss the details of the technical XR implementations. You will work with both local and international organizations.
Do you have what it takes to become an XR developer?
Let’s see what your toolbox should look like to join our XR team:
- Do you have at least two years of experience with Unity3D, C# and .NET? You will need to interact with these environments on a daily basis, so a thorough knowledge is advisable.
- Are you familiar with iOS, Android and Windows platforms development? Many of the XR-applications are meant to work with mobile devices. Knowing how to develop for the most common operating systems is a big plus.
- Have you worked with 2D (Adobe Suite, Substance) and 3D graphic applications (Maya, 3DS Max, Blender) before? Graphics are an integral part of XR development, so having an idea about how they work might come in handy!
- Maths don’t scare you? Good! You’ll often have to think in mathematical terms to solve technical problems.
- Do you know your best practices and design principles? Application debugging and profiling is just one part of the job where your knowledge will shine.
- Can you make use of Source Control Systems like Collab, Git, Azure, DevOps? They will help you to maintain a clear view on different development versions.
- Is your English as fluent as your Dutch? Excellent. You’ll need both regularly.
- Are you a trustworthy team player that never gives up? You’ll fit right in!
If you can check many of the boxes on the list above, then you just may be the XR developer we’re looking for. Come visit us at delaware and we’ll introduce you to the team.