Our vision & story
Isn’t it poignant how a substantial amount of money is spent on marketing material, only for it never to be used again? Don’t you think there must be a better way for companies to manage product information and digital assets?
At delaware, we provide our customers with a so-called Single Source of Truth (SSoT) solution; a centralized, easily accessible platform that houses all of the client’s data. Because that’s the tricky thing with data - it’s usually stored in silos. With our help in managing the full life cycle of digital assets and product information, our customers can efficiently offer accurate information through each and every channel. Have a look at the Niko website to see what we mean. Not too bad, right?
We don’t mean to toot our own horn, but we do think that delaware offers the perfect environment for a solution architect to grow. Here, you’ll be surrounded by experts who specialize in both building and integrating custom software solutions. You see, we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach, for either the solutions we build or our developers’ careers. Are you a developer at heart and hungry for more? Then keep reading!
What will you be doing as a solution architect?
“Solution architect” is quite the title. Here’s what you’ll be responsible for:
- Let’s be clear: Customers rarely come to us saying ‘I need you to build me an SSoT solution’. Based on the issue they describe, you’ll come to grips with their business reality and design a solution that perfectly fits their needs.
- While the development portion is the project’s biggest chunk, as a solution architect you’ll focus more on the follow-up, meaning you keep a close eye on your team of expert developers.
- Keeping into account the specific client context and the standard functionalities of the solution, you’ll configure the system.
- You’ll often meet with the customer and organize workshops to explain the project’s workflow. Since you’ve established solid working relationships, the client will count on you to translate complex technical lingo into understandable business terms.
- You’ll play a friendly game of idea ping-pong with stakeholders all over the company, streamlining back-and-forth meetings between the client’s development team and delaware’s.
- As a solution architect, you’ll be in the lead of projects, getting the absolute best out of your team, every step along the way. In the end, solutions are built together!
We have offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen, but you will also regularly visit our clients on-site, to discuss requirements and train key users. Many of our clients are international players, which means your work as a solution architect might take you abroad as well. Don’t let that put you off, though: These trips usually take 2 to 3 days and we’ll always strive to minimize the impact on your work-life balance.
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware solution architect?
Now that you know what you’ll be doing on a daily basis, let’s see if your toolbox includes the skills a delaware solution architect needs:
- Do you have solid, hands-on experience in .NET development? To us, this means you have gained in-depth technical expertise through the design and development of cloud solutions.
- If you know your way around Azure, that’s a definite plus. Just so you know, all of the solutions we build and implement are cloud-native.
- It would be great if you have a certain feel for security – When writing code, do you keep in mind possible data breaches? Can you strike the right balance between security and usability?
- Do you combine these high-level development skills with business acumen? Even though you’re solving a technical issue, our solutions remain business-oriented. We bridge the gap between business and IT.
- With your strong client interaction skills, you’ll challenge the customer’s ideas and adjust accordingly. Will you actively join in the thought process?
- Next to architecting skills, do you have the leadership and management skills to have your team working in the most efficient way? Are you eager to lead and drive the direction of architecturally challenging projects?
- Can you express yourself easily in Dutch and English?
- And last but not least: Do our company values appeal to you? We take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of positive team spirit.
Want to discover more?
Curious to see what our Single Source of Truth team does? Have a look at this page.
You can find out more about us on our website and blog. You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life!
Is there anything that we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail, we really want to hear from you.