Our vision & story
What is it that makes your developer heart beat faster? Developing killer apps? Or is it wowing customers with the possibilities of cloud solutions?
It’s precisely this combination between technology and business that we at delaware like. Sure, SAP ByDesign is a great cloud solution for small and midsized businesses – but it takes a whole team of developers and consultants to make it fit the customer’s wants and needs. And that’s where we come in!
We’re a small team of cloud-loving developers, and we’ve found ourselves a nice and cozy spot within the bigger SAP Development team at delaware. Are you a customer-oriented developer eager to learn about cloud and new tech? Then this job has your name written all over it!
What will you be doing as a Cloud Developer?
There’s no possible way to describe our vibe (believe us, we’ve tried). Just come talk to Danny, our team lead, and you’ll quickly understand why we like it here so much. Anyway, here’s your to-do list:
- First things first: you’ll sit together with the customer and put your thinking cap on. As our team only works for small and midsized businesses, we can really take the time to get to the root of their problem.
- This means that sometimes, you’ll have to find new ways to translate customer requirements into cloud solutions.
- So yes, you’ll think outside of the box, inside the box, on top of the box – heck, why would you even need a box?
- You’ll build a well-functioning solution, create templates and guide the customer through the entire process. In other words, you’ll help us to create best practices in ByDesign development.
- And yes, sometimes you will get stuck. Nothing keeps you from discussing with your colleagues. Make suggestions! We won’t bite (hard).
- You’ll squeeze a 6-week openSAP course into one and continue to brush up on your skills on the job. What better way to learn than to try it for yourself, right?
delaware has its offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen. As a Cloud Developer, you’ll either work from one of these, surrounded by your colleagues, or meet with your customers onsite, who’ll appreciate the close cooperation. We’ll make sure to save you a seat!
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware Cloud Developer?
- How does ‘cloud-native developer’ sound? Pretty decent job title, right? Whether you’ve ditched the training wheels a long time ago or you’re just starting out in the development world, you’re a true "cloud believer".
- What about ‘consultant’? We’re looking for a passionate business consultant at heart, who also happens to like developing. Your technical background will be a great place to start.
- How are your coding skills? Are you familiar with Object Oriented Programming or C++? We’ll make sure to get you up to speed with a SAP-specific language.
- Bonus points if you’ve been working with ERP systems. Also, business knowledge and customer-facing skills are a definite plus!
- Are you eager to keep learning? This motivation is what drives us!
- On a scale from ‘meh’ to ‘wow’, how would you rate your communicative skills? You’ll get in touch with both customers and colleagues on a daily basis, so you should be able to express yourself fluently in English and Dutch (or French).
- It may sound like a cliché, but we’re more than just colleagues. Programming Pals, Code Bros, Development Amigos, whatever you call it – we’ve got each other’s back. So make sure to keep Friday free at noon, because Friday = Fries Day!
Want to discover more?
You can find out more about us on our website and blog. You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for us there, but we’re even nicer in real life!
Are you keen to help us grow our SAP Development team? Click the Apply Now button below and hopefully we’ll get to meet each other soon!
Is there anything that we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail, we really want to hear from you!