Our vision & our story
Doing the right things the right way: that’s what will give you a head-start. Doing the wrong things the right way, won’t. Change management begins by asking organisations ‘is this right for you?’ Once all agree, it’s about defining ‘the right way to actually do this’.
If you’re great at asking your customers the right questions, then you may have what it takes to be a delaware Change Management Consultant.
Organisations in the middle of digital transformation increasingly see the need to better support their staff in adopting change. That’s when they turn to us. At delaware, we already have a team of 12 change communication consultants. We’re now looking to extend our change footprint. That’s where you come in.
What will you be doing as a change management consultant at delaware?
- As a consultant, you liaise closely with the different stakeholders on a daily basis. Getting to know your customer works better when you’re at their site, which you are, multiple times throughout the week.
- To quickly gain a solid understanding of your customer’s challenges and opportunities, you run different types of workshops, like a stakeholder analysis, a benefits map workshop and much more.
- You use your understanding of different management concepts and strategic frameworks to challenge your customer. After all, we don’t just ‘do’, we ‘think and challenge’, before all else.
- You steer forward the change team and liaise closely with the overall project team. You keep track of the change activities and monitor progress closely by measuring impact where- and whenever you can.
- Besides providing input to the change communication plans and assets, you challenge your communication counterparts in delivering the type of messages that really get people on board.
- You’ll often work alone on large change projects, but that doesn’t scare you. Instead, this drives you to become even more impactful.
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware change management consultant?
We know: dynamic change managers are a rare breed. So the list below sums up the best of many worlds. But don’t consider these criteria to be absolute must-have’s. Rather, if 1) you can tick off some of the boxes and 2) you’re interested in developing some of the other ones, than we would already love to hear from you!
- You have a solid understanding of change management and change communication and have applied this in practice.
- You’re used to running workshops and are familiar with workshop facilitation techniques.
- You’re an experienced project and program manager. Holding some certificates (PRINCE2, PMI PMBoK) is a plus, not a must.
- You combine a sound knowledge of IT management and ICT with more general management concepts (e.g. organisation design, various strategic frameworks…). Having some team management or people coaching experience is a definite plus.
- You have a keen interest in digital transformation trends and understand the challenges companies face.
- You are diplomatic by nature and can convert theoretical concepts into tangible practices.
- You’re a natural born consultant: flexible and able to take your customer to the next level.
- You communicate fluently in English, Dutch and French, both verbally and in writing.
- Do our company values appeal to you? We take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of positive team spirit.
Want to discover more?
Find out more about us on our website and blog.
You can also get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life!
So come see us in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk or Lummen.
Are you keen to help us grow our Communications team? Click the Apply Now button below and hopefully we’ll get to meet each other soon!
Is there anything that we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail, we really want to hear from you!