Our vision & story
“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all”, Aristotle said. At delaware, we know that many end users need a little more guidance when they’re asked to work with a new computer program – and that’s perfectly normal! You see, by giving end users hands-on training and documenting every step along the way, we want to ensure a smooth transition to their new working environment.
In our team, we believe that user adoption is key: it would be a pity if our customers invest in new systems, but no one knows how to use them, right? That’s also why we’re looking for an experienced Business Unit Manager: someone who can help our team to flesh out our go-to-market strategy. If you’re like us, and you’re convinced that end user training is crucial to getting the most out of any technology implementation, you may be the entrepreneur who can take our team to the next level.
What will you be doing as a Business Unit Manager : End User Training?
Whether you’re implementing a new ERP system, installing new programs or adapting existing processes, you know there’ll be an impact on the day-to-day activities of the customer’s workforce. And that’s where we come in!
- As a Business Unit Manager, you’ll take a small group of highly motivated end user productivity experts under your wing. Their mission? To get everyone aboard and make sure that no user is left behind.
- You’ll tackle a few challenges: You'll still give end user training yourself, but you’ll focus mainly on business development: you’ll spot opportunities and aim to create long-term relationships with both customers and colleagues.
- You’ll make everyone see the importance of end user training, and convince other teams within delaware to incorporate it into their customer proposals.
- You see, rather than training people according to the features and functions of the tooling, we much rather give training coming from the end user experience. That’s the message you’ll deliver.
- You’ll often share best practices in training and development with the other business units, including with the other delaware entities (e.g. the UK, France, ...).
- With your strong didactic and leadership skills, you’ll smooth out the bumps in the road ahead and shape the team’s vision and strategy. You’ll be the glue that holds the team together!
delaware has its Belgian offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen, but we want to be close to our customers and often spent much of our time on site, working shoulder to shoulder.
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware Business Unit Manager: End User Training?
- Do you have significant experience working with ERP systems and/or software? Our technology partners are SAP and Microsoft, but if you’ve worked with other systems, that’s fine too.
- What’s more important is your experience with e-learning tools: If you know your way around in SAP Enable Now (SAP’s e-learning tool) that’s a definite plus.
- You know the ins and outs of end user training: from giving training yourself to coordinating coaching sessions and writing documentation; you’ve mastered it all.
- Do you combine the abovementioned technical understanding with a solid background in business development? Perhaps in an international context?
- Have you built an extensive customer network (in end user training)? Great! Your network will be invaluable to expanding our team’s reach.
- Are you up for a challenge? Can you handle the uncertainty of a team that’s still finding its way – and lead them in the right direction?
- Are you passionate about training and technology? Will you encourage the team to speak out, from the bottom up?
- The team consists of both French- and Dutch-speaking training experts of varying talents and skills. Do you communicate fluently in Dutch and English, as well as French?
- Do our company values appeal to you? We take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of positive team spirit.
Want to discover more?
You can find out more about us on our website and blog. You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life!
Are you keen to help us grow our End User Productivity team? Click the Apply Now button below and hopefully we’ll get to meet each other soon!
Is there anything that we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail, we really want to hear from you!