Here's your page in the delaware dictionary:
functional consultant (ˈfəŋ(k)-shnəl kənˈsʌl.tənt) noun 1. analytical mind that enjoys taking a deep dive into our clients’ business processes 2. draws on advanced problem-solving skills to guide customers through an IT implementation 3. a species that is attracted by IT and interacting with techies 4. known for its passion, drive and perseverance; often surrounded by a pack of team mates.
What would your role be as a functional consultant?
As a functional consultant at delaware, you’ll be involved in the entire consulting cycle from A to Z. You’ll bridge the gap between business and IT. Not a technical expert ? Don’t worry – even though you’ll use technology on a daily basis, your more technically-minded colleagues will help you out!
As a functional consultant, you will get a taste of a lot of different sectors and companies. Next to keeping a broad spectrum, our functional consultants are mainly focussed on operations, finance, HR, marketing & data - where do you see yourself fitting in? Don’t know yet? Don’t worry, we’ll find out together.
Your development path at delaware
When you start in your first job at delaware, we don’t expect you to be an expert in your field or in our tech.
- To kick off your career at delaware you’ll get a few weeks of small-group training. You’ll not only learn more about consulting in general and the required soft skills, but you’ll also get an introduction into the technical tools we work with.
- You will be able to develop yourself both personally and professionally throughout your whole delaware career. The delaware academy is always there to help if you need additional training.
- At delaware you’re never on your own. You’ll get a lot of support from you team members and a personal mentor, who can guide you through your different projects.
As a junior consultant you’ll typically start in September or March, but we are always open to meeting new people throughout the year.
Wait, there's more!
At delaware, we…
- Have a pretty unique work environment and culture. The #peopleofdelaware live and breathe the five values.
- Aim to be as approachable as possible. Just tug at our sleeves and we’ll answer any question you might have. And don’t worry, we’ve all been there!
- Are flexible – but no, don’t ask us to do the splits. Our work can take us anywhere, from the different delaware offices to those of our customers!
- Know there’s more to life than work. We organize team events, a Christmas Drink or the occasional sports day: Nothing better for team spirit than getting sweaty together, right?
- Offer a competitive benefits package – but you’ll discover that later!
Don’t believe us? Have a look at our blog and scroll through our Instagram page.
What do you need to join us?
What you’ll need to get yourself a spot at delaware:
- It’s in our (and your!) best interest if your personal values match ours. Do you see yourself fitting into our company culture?
- With your enthusiasm and ambition you’ll truly make a difference, both for our customers and for the company. Ready to become a consultant?
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- At delaware, we walk the talk. And we talk a lot. Can you communicate fluently in Dutch or French and English? It’s how we connect with clients and co-workers!
See that big red button below?
Why not get in touch? Just make sure we can see where you picked up your personal super powers somewhere in your cover letter or cv. Let your personality shine through!