What will you be doing as a Legal Counsel?
Let’s have a closer look at your to-do list:
- You will provide legal guidance on a wide range of topics, including corporate governance, IP law, data protection regulation and insurance policies.
- You’ll take on a coordinating role in an international context and share best practices for corporate housekeeping with our entities abroad.
- You’ll draft, review and negotiate policies, procedures, (sales) agreements or M&A transaction documents.
- Other corporate housekeeping duties include drafting meeting minutes, keeping an eye on publications in the Official Gazette, assisting with corporate audits and appointing new directors.
- You’ll also handle disputes in cooperation with external advisors, follow up closely on changes in the Belgian company code and support internal optimization initiatives, such as IP or co-innovation projects.
- You’ll monitor GDPR compliance, review data processing agreements and advise all entities on data protection measures, insurance policy coverage or new opportunities.
- You’ll act as a sparring partner to non-legal departments and organize training sessions and informative meetings to defend our viewpoints in a clear and concise manner.
delaware has offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen. As a Legal Counsel, you will mainly be working at the Kortrijk offices, where the rest of the Legal team is based. You may also be required to travel to our Gent or Antwerpen offices, especially for meetings with the business or our partners.
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware Legal Counsel?
- First things first: Do you have a Master of Laws degree? We're looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience as an in-house counsel. Any legal experience in the IT sector (handling complex IT contracts) is a plus.
- Is B2B commercial law your passion? Are you familiar with the ins and outs of the business world?
- A special interest or specialization in IP/IT law, data protection regulation and corporate law is highly valued as well.
- Do you take ownership of your work and set the right priorities? Can you provide both colleagues and non-legal experts with hands-on advice?
- You’ll have to take a proactive, problem-solving approach within the team and work autonomously to deal with certain tasks.
- Can you express yourself fluently in English and Dutch, both written and verbally? It’s a bonus if you speak French too.
In a nutshell: Are you a legal team player with a healthy dose of common sense, enthusiasm and flexibility? Will you uphold high standards of accuracy in your legal work, whilst demonstrating the necessary pragmatism? Do you feel comfortable taking the lead? Then you’ll fit right in!
Want to discover more?
You can find out more about delaware on our website
, or read our blog
to get a sense of what it’s like to work for us. Are you keen to help us grow our Legal team? Click the Apply Now
button below and hopefully we’ll get to meet each other soon!