Our vision & story
The delaware Support team is a close-knit community of 100 colleagues that provides locally-based support in an international context, from our home base in Kortrijk. Within this tight community, the Project Accounting and Controlling teams offer their administrative experience to delaware colleagues and act as a sparring partner of the business. We play an integral role in supporting our operations and people, and contribute to the successful completion of delaware consultancy projects.
We are looking for an all-round administrative colleague, interested in doing a unique finance job in consulting. Could that be you?
What will you be doing as a Junior Project Administrator?
As a consultancy firm, delaware sells IT projects to customers. The key to successful projects is a structured follow-up of contract financials, safeguarding administrative processes and creating business insights. And that’s where you come in!
- The main part of your job is to offer administrative support to Project Managers. This entails:
- Project setup: You enter the signed customer contract into our accounting system, review the structure of the project, set up billing information and schedule payments.
- Project invoicing: You check and finalize the invoice proposition of the Project Manager: is the pricing correct and are the payments by the customer done according to the contract?
- Quality check and risk analysis: On a monthly basis, you do a thorough check of your bookings. You make careful observations to proactively determine financial risks.
- You also get the opportunity to grow in a Project Controlling function:
- You give administrative support to the Project Controlling team, while building your financial knowledge of our projects and organization.
- Besides analyzing economic data and prepping financial reports, you’ll share your own ideas with Project Managers and answer their reporting questions.
Don’t worry, you won’t have to do this on your own - you can count on the support of experienced colleagues. We’ll make sure to save you a seat at our table in Kortrijk! You will work full-time from our main office there, while also enjoying all the benefits of working in an international consultancy firm (e.g. flexible hours, working from home, challenging assignments and room to grow in your function).
What do we look for in a delaware Junior Project Administrator?
- Do you have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, or do you have the necessary experience and all-round accounting skills? Are you interested in learning more about Controlling and Project Accounting? Then look no further!
- Do you combine strong analytical skills with a keen interest in financial matters? You are very organized in your work and a detailed planning or Excel sheet is one of your strong suits.
- Are you communicative, sociable and a tad assertive? We are a very close bunch who like to bond over lunch, at the coffee machine, or during fun team activities. You’ll fit right in because you dare to pick up the phone to get things done quickly.
- You can express yourself well in English and Dutch? Great! This is important to communicate with your colleagues across the country.
- You can work independently in a structured environment, take ownership of your work and show initiative in a flexible and international environment? Then delaware can offer you the workplace of your dreams!
Want to discover more?
You can find out more about us on our website and blog. You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life!
Are you keen to help us grow our Accounting and Controlling teams? Click the Apply Now button below and hopefully we’ll get to meet each other soon!
Is there anything that we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail, we really want to hear from you!