Our vision & story
Did you know that delaware is active in 12 countries, with no less than 2.150 employees worldwide? Ensuring financial stability in an organization that grows larger every day isn’t an easy task. Luckily, delaware can count on a global team of highly competent Financial Controllers, who take these matters into their skilled hands.
On a day-to-day basis, delaware’s Financial Controllers are tasked with overseeing accounting functions, integrating finance operations, forecasting and budgeting, handling tax matters, and so on. They play an important, international role. You see, based on the team’s financial insights and reporting, certain strategic decisions will be made. Never underestimate the power of numbers!
We’re looking for an experienced Financial Controller who can join us in providing management with all financial support and information needed. Could that be you?
What will you be doing as a Financial Controller?
Let’s take a look at your to-do list:
- Besides analyzing financial data and prepping financial reports, you’ll make sure the company complies with global financial regulations.
- Actually, there are three parts to your job as a Financial Controller at delaware:
- Entity controlling: You’ll be the go-to sparring partner for local delaware entities, as you advise them on their financial results and help to identify risks. You’ll play an important part in a wide range of financial activities and topics: auditing, accounting, budgets, project analysis, forecasting, treasury, taxes and management reporting.
- You’re a key user: You’ll take ownership of a number of financial processes and organize these in the most efficient way possible, using global accounting & reporting tools. You’ll set up the tool in a way that works best for your team’s daily activities and upgrade when necessary.
- Corporate function: Depending on your interests and experience, you’ll take the lead for one or multiple finance domains and topics. Variety is guaranteed!
- In a nutshell, you’ll act as the primary point of contact for local entities who require financial services, and report to higher management on delaware’s financial situation (on a global level!).
- You will plan and prioritize several requests at the same time, coming from the different delaware entities, without neglecting your improvement projects. Combining the two means you’re a bit of a juggler, but don’t worry, there’s a six-headed Financial Support team standing by your side!
delaware has its offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen, but you will most likely join your team in the Kortrijk or Gent office. You’ll work together with #peopleofdelaware from all over the world, but that doesn’t mean we expect you to travel.
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware Financial Controller?
- Have you held positions similar to this one? We’re looking for someone with at least 3 years of experience in accounting and auditing. Or maybe you’re an SAP FICO consultant, eager to switch to an internal role? Either way, experience in a controlling or audit function is crucial. If you already know your way around in SAP, that’s a definite plus.
- Ideally you’ve acquired your finance skills at university: do you hold a Master’s degree in Business Economics, Corporate Finance or Business Engineering?
- Do you combine strong analytical skills with a keen interest in financial matters? Producing financial reports has become second nature to you.
- Are you a result oriented and IT minded team player? You’re a go-getter who regularly aligns with colleagues. You are a (wo)man with a plan!
- Would you say you have excellent communication skills? You express yourself fluently in English and Dutch or French.
- Do our company values appeal to you? We take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of positive team spirit.
Want to discover more?
You can find out more about us on our website
. You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life!
Are you keen to help us grow our Support Finance (Global) team? Click the Apply Now button below and hopefully we’ll get to meet each other soon!
Is there anything that we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail
, we really want to hear from you!