Our vision & story
The number of environmental laws and regulations is steadily increasing, especially when companies operate internationally. Today’s organizations are placing greater importance on environmentally friendly products and processes. Moreover, customers have increasingly come to expect that the products they buy are sustainable, healthy, and above all, safe. Companies are looking for new ways to protect employees from incidents and risks in their working environment, anytime and anywhere. That’s why Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) systems are booming – they offer a transparent and solid way to incorporate product and safety compliance processes throughout the entire product lifecycle.
Thanks to multiple successful projects at big-name companies, delaware has become an expert in SAP EH&S processes. We help companies to take an intelligent approach toward automating their product and safety compliance activities, by implementing cutting-edge technologies. With us they’ll find the solutions they need for the production, use and storage of chemical substances. We also implement solutions to avoid incidents - or to address the regulatory and stakeholder requirements for registrations, safety data sheets, labeling, packaging, and safe transportation.
The delaware Compliance team is eager to grow and ready to welcome a new colleague who’ll help bring customer projects to a successful conclusion. So, do you reckon you’re the SAP EH&S consultant we’re looking for? Then let’s dive in!
What will you be doing as an SAP EH&S Consultant?
Your daily job as an SAP EH&S consultant will be quite diverse. Let’s have a look:
- As an SAP EH&S consultant, you’ll do your utmost to bring every EH&S implementation project to a successful conclusion. You’ll guide the customer through the entire process, from A to Z:
- First, it’s time to take a deep dive into the customer’s EH&S processes: you’ll analyze and learn all about the specific requirements inherent to their business environment or industry.
- After analyzing the processes, you’ll set up SAP and organize workshops to train end users how to use their brand new system.
- If extra programming is necessary, you’ll write the specifications. Needless to say, you’ll follow the development carefully and test everything thoroughly before it is released to users.
- This also entails supervising the user testing and making adjustments as needed.
- You’ll make sure your customers are well prepared for a successful go-live: a tense phase in which you’ll play an important role.
- After implementation, you’ll provide support and guidance and identify possible process improvements.
- You’ll work on a wide variety of projects, depending on your domain of expertise – from the transport of dangerous goods to substance volume tracking for the European REACH regulation, from the provision of safety data sheets to the labeling of products and packaging, from incident management to connected worker safety, and much more.
- At the same time, you’ll support the customer in ensuring the constantly changing environmental regulations are addressed – that’s what compliance management in SAP EH&S is all about.
- You’ll be automating the EH&S activities of multiple international companies – delaware is proud to have built a diverse client portfolio across various industries.
- This also means that there are opportunities to work on international projects. By travelling abroad, you’ll build up that international experience at the customer’s site.
Today, we have offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen, but you will often be working onsite at our customers, wherever they are in Belgium. So it does not really matter whether you are living in or around Limburg, Brussels, Gent, Brugge or Antwerpen. It is highly likely we are implementing an Environment, Health and Safety solution in your area right now!
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware SAP EH&S Consultant?
- Do you have 2 or more years of experience working in, for example, the chemical or pharmaceutical industry?
- Seen from a functional perspective, do you have hands-on expertise working with SAP EH&S, either as an end user, a key user or as a consultant? Any integration experience with other SAP modules would be a definite advantage.
- Would you say that you complement those functional SAP skills with a sound knowledge of the business or regulatory requirements? In other words: Are you aware of what customers need? Do legislations such as REACH, ADR or CLP sound familiar to you? That’s a definite plus.
- Were you previously involved in full project implementations? Great! That means you know how important it is to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- What about client-facing skills? Are you able to listen carefully to the customer’s needs and to translate them into a solution?
- Speaking of communication: Can you express yourself easily in English and Dutch or French?
- And last but not least, do our company values appeal to you? We take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of positive team spirit.
So what do you think? Do you see yourself becoming an integral part of our Compliance team? If the list above seems to match your skill set, we’d love to meet you.
Want to discover more?
Have a look at delaware’s FAST-Chemicals template here, or find out more about us on our website. You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life!
Are you keen to help us grow our Compliance team? Click the Apply Now button below and hopefully we’ll get to meet each other soon!
Is there anything that we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Feel free to contact us by e-mail. We really want to hear from you!