- Most companies are still caught up in the first ‘finance operations wave’, focusing on projects that improve the efficiency of their standard processes and reporting.
- Companies that are riding the ‘next-level controlling wave’ are turning controlling into a way of creating added value, e.g. by using cost to serve to generate innovative insights.
- In the third wave, the organization skillfully balances technology and controlling expertise to generate continuous added value, e.g. through advanced analytics or integrated planning & budgeting.
What will you be doing as a business controlling consultant at delaware?
- You interview customers, analyze their needs and use your findings to propose a suitable solution (from a financial strategy to end-to-end solution). The end product is a fully functioning system and process that is aligned with each customer’s specifications and needs.
- At the same time, you continually keep a close eye on the link with operational controlling. After all, your understanding of the customer’s reality goes beyond finance alone; you are quick to get a handle on business processes and translate them into both technological and process-based solutions.
- Perhaps we should emphasize that we’re not ‘PowerPoint consultants’: we don’t only propose solutions, but we also develop them in reality!
- Within the team, we work across all technologies: we deliver whatever it takes to help the customer move forward. If that means we have to combine several different systems, then we will – it’s as simple as that.
- Working beyond boundaries means that you also learn a lot about the various systems and you’ll soon be able to judge which system can create added value for your customer.
- You regularly work together with other delaware colleagues from the likes of BI or FICO, for example, to develop the right set-up. After all, we’re nothing without collaboration.
- Our team frequently works on several projects at once. They are mainly for medium-sized and large companies throughout Flanders and in Brussels, but we’re also involved in international projects. For example, last year we worked in the USA, Dubai and various Asian countries, to name but a few.
- If necessary, you also support your sales colleagues during the presales process.
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware business controlling consultant?
- Can you draw on a strong background in finance and controlling?
- Do you have at least 3 years of experience in management accounting, cost modeling, budgeting and/or KPI reporting?
- Do you combine that with (1) a deep interest in IT and new technologies and (2) a broad knowledge of all kinds of business processes in various industries?
- Have you already heard of SAP FICO, S/4Hana, BO Cloud and/or SAP BPC?
- Do the Microsoft technologies Dynamics AX 365 and Power BI ring a bell with you?
- Do you have good analytical skills?
- Are you a strong communicator who can also hold their own during presales discussions – both in English and Dutch or French?
- Do our company values appeal to you? We take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of positive team spirit.
Want to discover more?
You can find out more about us on our website and blog. You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life!
So come see us in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk or Lummen.