OUR VISION & STORY
Who you’re gonna call when you start an SAP project? It’s the SAP Core Technology Service team.
Behind every SAP system that runs smoothly at our clients, there is a substantial amount of work done behind the scenes - and screens. In fact, that’s the main mission of this team: making sure that there are solid foundations from the very beginning.
We’re not just Gold-Certified SAP gurus and long-time SAP collaborators. At delaware, we have always set the bar high in ensuring continuity in our services by delivering structured assistance. One of our key priorities is to offer clients support, both before and after an SAP implementation.
And that’s where you come in! Can you help us ensure that all things SAP keep running like a well-oiled machine?
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING AS AN SAP INFRASTRUCTURE SYSTEM ENGINEER?
Here are some of the things you’ll be doing if you put on your System Engineer cap:
- As an SAP Infrastructure System Engineer, you lay the foundations to a migration project. You’ll work at the intersection between software and hardware. On top of a System Engineer, we might as well call you a System Architect!
- You’re in charge of maintaining the SAP systems implemented at our customers. It goes without saying that you’ll be working with the most up-to-date technologies. Technology never stands still, and neither will you. You closely monitor the evolutions of your customers and SAP alike.
- When a project is finished, your team also provides aftercare and support. Working from the 3rd line support, you’ll assess the urgency and nature of the issue, requesting additional information if necessary. You look for a solution or workaround for the issues, with the support of your delaware colleagues.
- Your motto? ‘Leave no ticket behind!’ You follow through on all tickets from start to finish. You’re not satisfied until the user’s issue has been resolved – needless to say, within the SLA that is in place for the customer concerned.
- You’ll work shoulder to shoulder with our vendors and clients. Like a true chess player, you contemplate your strategy wisely and always think several steps ahead. That’s why they will rely on you as a solid sparring partner.
- You’ll be given the opportunity to grow your knowledge on SAP through some extensive on-the-job training. You’ll learn about new technologies, keep developing your skills and share your experience with younger colleagues. By the way, did we mention that delaware is Belgium’s biggest SAP implementation partner?
Today, we have offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen. As a System Engineer, your ‘home base’ will be the Gent or Kortrijk office, where most of the team is based. But don’t worry, your customers will only be one ticket away!
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME A DELAWARE SAP INFRASTRUCTURE SYSTEM ENGINEER?
Let’s see if you can tick off some of the boxes on the following list:
- Do you have at least 5 years’ experience in an IT environment? If you’ve previously upgraded Microsoft or Unix systems, that’s great! We’re looking for a technical consultant with an analytical mind: Your highly technical skills will allow you to come up with the best solutions adapted to our clients’ needs.
- Seen from a technical perspective, would you say that you can rely on some SAP Basis knowledge? That’s definitely a strong plus and a solid starting point for this job as an SAP Infrastructure System Engineer.
- Do the terms databases, servers, network, integrated systems and infrastructure ring a bell? They certainly will once you start as a System Engineer.
- Are you a team player? Cool! You’ll be working together closely with your colleagues. The SAP Core Technology Service team is expanding all the time, so you can depend on the expertise of a whole host of colleagues. That being said, you also aren’t afraid to work autonomously.
- Do you know how to bring technical and design messages across loud and clear? You’ll have to communicate with clients in order to solve their issues as soon as possible.
- Speaking of communication: can you express yourself fluently in English and Dutch? If you speak a little French, that’s fine too.
Even if you weren’t able to tick off all of the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you.
Come have a chat with us!
WANT TO DISCOVER MORE?
You can find out more about us on our website and blog. You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life!
So come see us in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk or Lummen.