Our vision & story
delaware is a great place to work; just ask one of our 1,700 delawarians who enjoy work each and every day. We have Belgian roots but expanded our activities to 13 countries and 26 offices in the world (not bad for us “little” Belgians, right?).
We focus on bringing value to our customers using a top-down and a bottom up approach. Our Infrastructure related services are not limited to a specific platform or solution. Using a mixture of risk analysis, TCO audits, architectural reviews and strategy roadmaps we help our customers in becoming more successful. Our customers appreciate our independent approach, vendor neutral and without being biased on technology, vendor or solution.
What will you be doing as an infrastructure architect at delaware?
- You proceed from the application level and thinks backwards to what’s needed in order to host it. You design an IT architecture, taking the customer’s specific needs into account.
- You’ll spend around 20% of your time on presales. Together with a sales colleague, you’ll visit your customers so that you can accurately gauge their specific needs. You assess the technical feasibility and produce a tailor-made proposal. In doing that, you calculate the ‘total cost of ownership’ and prepare, unaided, the technical side of the quotations.
- Once your project has been sold, you assimilate the role of technical project manager. That’s the best guarantee to ensure that the outcome matches the tender specification.
- Besides sketching an appropriate IT architecture for new projects, you regularly carry out design contracts and audits of existing infrastructures and at the request of our customers.
- Your field of work encompasses diverse disciplines within delaware. Therefore, you often work together with colleagues from the other solutions.
- Today, we have offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen, but you will often be working onsite at our customers, wherever they are in Belgium. So it does not really matter whether you are living in Limburg, Brussels, Gent, Bruges, Antwerp... It is highly likely we are implementing a solution in your area right now
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware infrastructure architect?
- You’re able to sketch an IT infrastructure, containing all the requisite components (hardware, operating system layer, virtualization, disaster recovery, ...).
- You are thoroughly versed in at least 4 of the following infrastructural aspects: Servers, Networking, Storage, Backup, Security, Virtualization or Cloud Technologies.
- You have knowledge on Microsoft operating systems, Linux (Redhad and/or Suse), Unix (HP/UX, AIX, …).
- You have a broad architectural knowledge of widely differing business apps with at least 3 of the following: MS Sharepoint, MS Bizztalk, Oracle Databases, Cosmos Database or MS Exchange.
- You will have at least 7 to 8 years’ relevant experience within IT infrastructure, with one or more of the aforesaid technologies.
- You can express yourself fluently and faultlessly in French or Dutch.
- You work area is within Belgium.