Our vision & story
Move over floppy disks, main frames and Windows 2000 - here comes the cloud generation. Offering advanced cloud-based solutions is only one of the many ways in which we at delaware aim to be a company on top of innovation. At the Cloud Enablement & Operations team, we’re set on helping our customers see the many opportunities the cloud can bring. With more than 15 years of experience, we fully understand the tech landscape and therefore act as a knowledgeable implementation partner, guiding our customers through their entire cloud migration process.
One specific part of that process should never be underestimated: testing. It’s not about controlling everyone, it’s about discovering which elements of an application are stable (and which aren’t). We’re all for working on innovative cloud projects, but testing is our reality check – a good software tester helps to keep us on our toes.
Will you be able to provide us with great insights into test results? Are you interested in not just building, but redefining our customers’ entire IT landscapes? Then keep on reading!
What will you be doing as a software test engineer at delaware?
As a Software Test Engineer, you’ll do more than just testing. Let’s have a look at your to-do list:
- You’ll be an integral part of the development team, but your job will be different from theirs: you’ll work on the same functionalities, but with a focus on quality. Writing production code won’t really be your thing, but reading and interpreting it will definitely help in your testing efforts.
- For you, the biggest chunk of work during an implementation project will be the testing phase: you’ll make sure the new tool or ERP works properly – pure development not included.
- So how exactly do you do that? You define a test strategy and implement it accordingly. This includes setting up a test automation framework, creating automated checks and maintaining them. All while you’ll focus on identifying (potential) issues.
- You’ll play a friendly game of ping-pong with the developers in your team: you’ll discuss, document the steps you take and they’ll rework according to your suggestions.
- With your advanced testing skills, both customers and other teams within delaware will count on you during and after their implementation projects. After an update of the system or cloud platform, for instance, you’ll test to ensure all new functionalities are well supported by the system.
- That being said, you won’t spend much time in the office. Having established a good working relationship with customers, you’ll be on-site working alongside their development team most of the time.
- At first, however, you’ll work together closely with a more experienced colleague, who’ll train you and take you under his wing. He’ll be like your buddy!
But wait, there’s more: You’ll be part of the brand new Cloud Enablement & Operations solution. We currently have 2 SAP experts and 11 Microsoft lovers on our team, but are looking forward to welcoming another Software Test Engineer like yourself.
Today, delaware has offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen, but you will often be working onsite at our customers, wherever they are in Belgium.
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware software test engineer?
- Have you taken your first steps into the software testing world already? Great! We’re looking for someone with 2 years of experience – give or take – as a tester. More would be nice, but isn’t a must; if you’re a beginner, we’ll make sure to get you up to speed asap.
- Either way, you’re not afraid of a bit coding, are you? If you’re eager to try out something new, chances are you’ll like what we have to offer.
- Are you’re a bit of a stickler when it comes to documenting the steps that need to be taken? Large part of a Software Test Engineer’s responsibility is to provide support and documentation.
- Do you have a certain affinity for web technology? So do we! We’re the cloud team, after all.
- Are you familiar with tools such as Selenium, Appium and Azure DevOps? If you know your way around C#, that would be a definite plus as well.
- Would you say that you have an analytical mind? Good! You’ll scrutinize the work of your colleagues and provide timely solutions on a day-to-day basis.
- Do you have top-notch communication skills? When you detect issues you’ll report them directly to the developer and discuss adaptations. After all, you’re both working towards the same goal.
- Speaking of communication, can you express yourself easily in English and Dutch or French?
- And last but not least, do our company values appeal to you? We take care of our employees and customers, we are committed, enterprising and respectful, and we do everything based on a sense of positive team spirit.
Want to discover more?
You can find out more about us on our website and blog. You can get a sense of what it’s like to work for us here, but we’re even nicer in real life!
Are you keen to help us grow our team? Click the Apply Now button below and hopefully we’ll get to meet each other soon!
Is there anything that we forgot to tell you? Do you have questions about this vacancy or in general? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail. We really want to hear from you!